Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Ahhh mines still not connected. Will give it until Monday 

So I was facing the same issue as everyone else on here. No connection on my watch. 

Just went into the Watch app on my iPhone and then went to the Mobile Data option. By doing this it updated my carrier settings and now my watch is connected!

Suggest you all try this if you've asked Vodafone to setup your watch and had no connection so far. 

Tried all that just says not setup on account just spoke to technical who said stay calm it’s new technology will be working tonite.

Tried that for the last 24 hours. It’s been loading for the last 24 hours lol 

they all say say different things 

When I first set mine up yesterday, I got the carrier update prompt and it worked. But then it disconnected after a few hours and I haven't been able to get it back.

I did loose 4G on my iPhone not on a simo plan btw, when I updated to iOS 12, as I said I used live chat but also kicked there ##~## on Twitter it’s now working just fine... and my Vodafone online (not app) shows me a different number like I say... I too had a look in the app last night and it all of sudden appeared in there and connected my original issue was that it said your Vodafone UK account can’t be used to setup data on your Apple Watch contact Vodafone uk... which is what I did i unpaired and repaired the watch a bunch of times it now works as intended as I say and I’ve my 4G back was made no mention of having to change plans either... unlimited minutes,unlimited texts,5GB data,2GB inclusive roaming data,Inclusive roaming calls texts and picture messages,Global Roaming,6 months inclusive Entertainment on 24 month ending 13 Mar 2019 so I am on a Red Entertaimment Plan currently.... but my Vodafone app isn’t working so can’t check my exact plan I like others have had issues with Vodafone over the almost 4yrs I’ve been with them first of all I was on the new billing system but couldn’t link my account that eventually got fixed, then they lost my account and had to setup another one... then had to get them to enable WiFi calling on my account and then this issue with the watch... I hope everyone manages to get it working tho 

Just had this from the Twitter team, which contradicts what their phone team said yesterday;

”I've taken a good look through your account and noticed that the order for your Apple Watch is still showing as open. This means that the watch isn't yet reflected on your account correctly, this could be the reason that you're unable to link it to your plan.

I've escalated this to our Technical team to help get everything resolved for you. I'm really sorry about the delay and understand how frustrating this must be. The team have told me everything should be complete within the next 48 hours. I'll continue to monitor your account and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Not to worry, you'll not be charged for your Apple Watch service until we've completed these steps.“

I’ve just called up and spoken to the technical team also, they spent a little while ‘investigating the situation’ and decided that they also needed to escalate to a speacalist team that’ll be in touch some time in the next two days so I guess I’ll just have to wait 😑

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nsjmurray @sorinc03 It's strange to see that you're failing these credit checks as you've already received the Apple Watches. If you've bought it directly through us, then you wouldn't need to pay the extra £5 per month to add it to your plan as you'll be paying for it monthly already. So we're able to have a closer look into your account, please contact us directly using the information in my private message

@ttt0mm @SimonTurp If Vodafone UK is still spinning and not loading, meaning your Apple Watch still hasn't paired correctly, then we'd just need to check your account to confirm it's all set up on our end. I've also sent you both a private message with details on how to contact our team. 

@nathanp I haven't seen anyone's 4G stop working once the plan and Apple Watch have been paired, is this still the case or is your 4G back up and running now? 

@Splloyd94 @Odinn74 If our Tech team are looking into this for you then fingers crossed it'll be resolved shortly. If you'd like our team to also have a look into your account, please contact us using the information in my private message

@e195 Where are you up to now? I can see you've been told you'd need to move to a newer plan, has this been done?

@SteLFC Thanks for posting on our Community page. There's a couple of different issues on this thread, please could you get back to us with which one you're facing? We'll then be able to best advise further 🙂

@C225 @tkei I'm happy to see both of your Apple Watches are successfully working 🎉

@Alex Sure. The problem I have is that when I go on the Watch app, and go to mobile data and click set up Mobile Data, it says “Sorry, you can’t use this plan with Vodafone One Number. Please call 191”. I’ve rang numerous times and had no help whatsoever.