Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

The EID is basically the watches eSim number and has to be associated with your account for it to work.  

@thebeanie Is that something they can do over the phone? I spoke to them today and they said it’ll be sorted within 24-48 hours apparently but I don’t know if I believe that’s to be honest

I went in store “stelfc” it would’ve been £8 more to swap me over because I’m part through my contract, if it wasn’t for adding the nhs discount on i wouldn’t have done it.

Has anyone got their watch working sourced from Apple?

How do you know that we need to be on CYR14 ? 

Was just upgrading mine as it is only £0.80 more for me so may aswell as it gives me 77 more free roaming countries.... and LIVE CHAT DISCONNECTED typical 

I bought my watch from Apple and when using the Apple Watch app to activate the data plan it sent me an order email first time around and then said ‘waiting’.

I called Vodafone and they told me to leave the Apple Watch app open on the mobile data page for at least 2 hours! They also said switch WIFI off on both your phone and watch.

After leaving my phone on charge in another room like a mug for 2 hours, the app still said ‘waiting’ and nothing has happened.

When I restarted my iPhone and went back to the Apple Watch app I found that I had to ‘Set up Mobile Data’ again. I tried this five times before it finally said credit check failed!

Unbelievable! Every time you try and make the connection Vodafone are credit checking you and damaging your credit score!!!

Like everyone else I keep getting a different story or excuse every time I call them. “I will surely call you back tomorrow to fix this”

Right so after ringing them again for the 300th time, I’ve finally got some proper information regarding my error. I explained to the advisor about needing to be on a CTR14 plan or whatever it is and was told that I can do a tariff migration tomorrow once the department is open again, which should hopefully fix my “You’re not on a compatible plan for Vodafone One a Number” or whatever it is. If that’s the problem anyone else is having then I think that’s your best course of action. Hope this helps. Massive thanks to @thebeanieman who helped me more in one simple message than the million different advisors I’ve spoken to.

I just spoke to technical regarding this who said something similar that I was on the wrong plan, he put me through to A CS agent who checked my account and said it was all ok and to take her word technical don’t know how plans work and how they are set up she said the problem is they have a load of orders stuck open and they have to be manually looked at one by one and closed. So yet again we all get different stories depending what time you call and who you speak too

Yeah it’s mental isn’t it? I think that I’m definitely on the wrong plan though because I know that I got my iPhone in March 2018 and the new plans are from April 2018. I’ve been told the same thing by 3 different people now so I’m taking their word for it. Guy in here who had the same problem said they changed his in store and it was working fine. I’ll see tomorrow I suppose when I speak to them again but I’m confident this will finally solve my problem. I completely agree with you though regarding being told different things. I’ve spoken to 5-6 advisors over the phone and a few via the chat too, and none of them really know what is going on. It’s been an absolute shambles.

Hi Stelfc

sorry i didn’t mean to give you the wrong impression. It’s still not working for me

changing into the different plan simpley allowed me to get to the stage where they want a £5 subscription for “line rental”

going back to the store tomorrow to see what they can do.