Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Another call with Vodafone with another sense of hope, or is it false hope

Day one they point the wrong eid to the system. Guy changed it yesterday and even read back the number to me. 

Rang up tonight. Number for eid is wrong again. Reconfirmed correct number. Told to wait 24 hours.  When speaking to them and telling them that I hear you have problems with apple watch they seem confused. 

Are we in the minority with issues?

Chistery when you look on myvodafone and select your 2nd number the look at upgrade or change plan it shows data 60GB there so your watch gets 60GB data for when it’s not using WiFi or your iphones data plan 

chistery
16: Advanced member

I don't get an upgrade or change plan option on my secondary number. My watch is using data from my main phone plan.

How long has your 2nd number been showing in my Vodafone might take a day or so to show up but it’s deffiantely in myvodafone when looking in browser and not the app, the myvodafone app for me is broken right now lol

chistery

It's been working since about 8am this morning. I'll check it tomorrow and see if it looks different.

I was told the £5 plan uses your phone data, so essentially paying to use the data you've already paid for, unlike EE.

Chistery are you a byod? Then and not got a watch direct from Vodafone I got my series 4 direct pay £22 pm for the first 6 but it shows under there on the watch number 60GB even tho the Vodafone blurb says uses your existing plan I hope not I only get 5gb on my phone plan lol

chistery

Yes, byod, so £5 plan, to use data I'm already paying for.

Been on the phone again tonight. Was a fairly new guy i spoke to

so it seems like the deal being £22 per month for 6 month then £27 a month thereafter.

the £5 being the line rental that if you didnt get the watch from vodafone you'd be paying anyway. so essentially at the 6 month mark it would be the £22+5 per month. apparently. He said he didnt wanna feed me BS so if he didnt know he would tell you. which ultimately they were stumped. he asked his manager who asked the apple tech guys who all had no clue.

He said the vodafone smart guru guys (who apparently are vodafones version of the apple genius guys) are in tomorrow morning. so his manager will be getting intouch with them and hes been told to chase it up with the upper management of vodafone as he's aware lots of other people (from this forum) are having the same issue.

He told me vodafone guys were told about it all not long before the release. so you cant blame them really for the lack of training. everyone IMO looks at things differently. so people have probably read up on the training available and taken there own twist on it

This is apples way or not letting any leaks out. So anyway. he assured me (i actually believe this guy) that they will be raising it up with upper management tomorrow rather than passing it through different teams to see what the issue is and why its not working for people.

Hey guys looks like I’m not alone on this as well albeit maybe a slightly different reason

I recently upgraded today and paired my Apple Watch to my new iPhone. After doing this it has now added another number I don’t recognise - this all happened when someone at Vodafone did a disconnect and reconnect from the network as the systems were having issues upgrading me. There is another number on my account now, which I do not recognise and did not set up. Not only that when I paired my watch to my iPhone I assume it would recognise my newly set up Apple Watch tariff for number 075******** however I’ve received both an email and text message stating I will now be billed £5 a month when I did not ask for this.  I now have a number on my account of 074******** now I did not want or need.

*EDIT* should have also said I got the Apple Watch from Vodafone as a pre-order and is not a BYOD scenario 

Can someone from Vodafone help ASAP please?

@Scottishgiforce

If your a bring your own device (byod) Watch the line rental for that is £5.00 also you will have a 2nd number on your account for your watch that is how Vodafone One Number works but your iPhone number will work with both iPhone and watch and any calls made on Watch should come through as your iPhone number so again if your byod your working as intended