Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Completely agree. Level 3 got in touch with me and I sent them the code they text me, and the EID number of my watch. I left it from then and was told yesterday it would be fixed by 10am this morning. Surprise surprise, it isn’t fixed and I’m getting the exact same error. Every time I rang up I wasn’t told something different, and when they were saying they were leaving notes on the account they were doing nothing of the sort. The person I spoke to before actually had the cheek to say to me “It won’t get fixed when you keep calling” to which I replied “it won’t get fixed if I don’t call because you aren’t doing anything in the meantime”. They’re an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. Six days of constant problems, uncertainty, lack of customer service and confusion with not a single person willing to take action. I even increased my tariff by ten pounds more a month after being told by one advisor that it would solve my problem when all’s it did was create more problems, so I’ve been lied to repeatedly and mis-sold. I’ve requested a package to send the item back which I’m waiting to come in the post and I’ll be taking my custom elsewhere.

I have made use of CEO email to make them aware of this thread, lets see if that makes any difference for those that are still with Vodafone :Laughing_Face:

Store manager has sent in the form to the level 3 support, he’s confident once they sort the number out that should fix it, also had a phone call from rotherham number from vodafone but unable to answer it as I’m at work.

Wow, just had retentions call as i had requested my PAC code, asked why i was leaving and if there was anything they could do to keep my custom, when i started to explain my reasons for leaving they put the phone down.

Sums them up really, no interest in resolving the issues, just want you as a customer and fob you off when there are issue.

That would be Vodafone guys based in the UK from that number

After spending aprximatley 11 hours in total on the phone to customer services and being passed from pillar to post i now finally have my watch working. The guy i spoke to today admitted that the software had a glitch and was not letting some people get the mobile data working and i had to wait til Monday for a resolution. Not happy i requested another managers call back about the 7th one, this time, however, some one did call back! They said the watch hadnt been linked correctly as a secondry number to the phone (the primary). He did something and i got a notification that the carrier setting had been updated. Low and be hold all now work.

He must have been the only person in Vodafone that knows how to do this.

I appreciate that technical glitches happen but the total lack of knowledge at customer services is not acceptable.! 

Very frustrating experience!

Don’t get your hopes up mate, that’s what they done with me. I sent them the EID of the watch and a code and they didn’t bother doing anything. I waited 72 hours like they asked me to then told me it would be a further 2-3 working days. That’s when I come to the point where I wasn’t doing it anymore and sending it back

Speaking to the girl from rotherham. advised her i think its something to do with the phone numbers not linking properly. she advised me they have the correct EID's I said no, thats the EID. not the phone number.

Advised them of the previous post regarding the primary and secondry numbers not linking right and also advised her about the post regarding the vodafone one number needing to be readded. She said shes done all her diagnostics and everything is showing correct and active. currently another hour and a half on the phone and still currently on the phone now.

Finally got an email back from the Social Media team...

ADVISING ME THAT THERE IS NO ORDER FOR AN APPLE WATCH ON MY ACCOUNT...

WHAT ON EARTH IS ERONG WITH THIS COMPANY,  I BOUGHT THE DAMN THING FROM YOU!!!!!!!!

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF VODAFONE TREATING THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE ABSOLOUTE DIRT AND NOT HAVING ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE GOING ON ABOUT!!!!!!!

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

They are only trying to help you!

If there's no order on your account, it sounds like the order didn't get tied to your existing contract, maybe that should be your next question?