Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

thats what i get , then when i click add data and try and login to my vodafone account i then get told my data plan does not work with one plan or somthing and to call 191

I’m sorted now, after suffering the data plan “waiting” issue. 

Afrer trying a lot of fixes, and level 3 never getting back to me, it was discovered that an “order” for the data sharing/one number thing was in “open” status. 

They closed it, and said it’s be resolved in 24 hours. Sure enough. Next day it started to work (but took nearer to 32 hours).  

Guy rang me back to confirm all was fixed. 

I asked for compo. And after checking with his manager, got a £15 credit. 

cool , glad yours is fixed now , hopefuly mine will get fixed when i get my call back tonight

After two day my Watch lost connection. The "Mobile Data" section in the watch app showed my Vodafone plan as "Not In Use". Like the rest of you I made multiple phone calls, chats etc. In total I spent over five hours unpairing, deleting the app, installing the app, repairing (& repeat), all of which was completely pointless.

By Friday I'd had enough and phoned to cancel the Watch line. A few hours later I started the watch app and set-up another LTE line in mobile data. Once again it worked and I was able to go for a run and take calls all without my phone. Brilliant!

Yesterday my watch again lost the plan. Same issue "Not in use". I've just an hour on the phone to Vodafone and have cancelled the line again. What a complete joke.

*if* you get a call back. 10 days in for me. CS on Wednesday promised to update me daily on progress but has been radio silence since Thursday. 

Voda reps used to post on this thread...

Rung Vodafone complaints this morning

First woman "looked into my account" And then I was cut off. No body rang me back (despite having my number) So i rang them back after 10 minutes. Lady on the phone said apparently the other lady tried ringing me but the line was busy. It wasnt.

Long story short i said i wanted to push forward with the complaint and she could see I had made multiple phone calls and multiple online chats. She offered me £40, I dont think thats enough considering ive spent probably 8+ hours on the phone and multiple hours on live chat. She then said i needed to go through the complaints procedure (Thats what i was doing by ringing her... on the complaints line...) So I will now be emailing an official complaint to take this further and will also be doing a FOI request to get all the notes on my account, If some arent there then ill do a FOI request to get the voice calls to be a complete paint in the ##~##.

Also something ive just noticed. There are now 2 secondry numbers on my account so not sure why that is.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Glad to hear that some more people are up and running correctly now 👍

@morganomalley @peterferg if you're still having problems getting connected we'll be more than happy to take a look for you. So we can do this, I've popped you both a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

Still waiting for a call from the man in the customer relations team who said it would be working on Monday and he would call me on Monday (today)! 

Whats next? How far does this have to go before I can just end my contract on the grounds that Vodafone are not fulfilling theirs?! A complaint about the complaints team seems like the next option 

Any chance of a PM here?