Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Surely it cant be that hard. EE can do it. Step 1 - Work Out root cause of the problem. Step 2 - schedule systems changes, automatic account changes, manual work arounds. Step 3 (should be step 0) - Comminicate to your customers and say sorry we wil get this sorted by xx/xx/xxxx. Step 4 - Test Changes. Step 5 - Implement changes. Step 6 - Light Cigar.

Well I’ve been waiting since launch day no sight of the finish line I’ll give the CEO until Friday when they call me then it’s going back.

Thought I would share my experience. It may help shed some light for others

1) Ordered Apple Watch from VF around 2 weeks ago. I am on Red Entertainment with WiFi Calling

2) Last Sunday decided to cancel as I thought i could get it faster from Apple. Spoke to Support who raised cancellation notice and the said it would take around 48 hrs

3) Yesterday bought Watch from Apple and around 1PM rang 191 to check on cancellation and to order the £5 per month connection. My order had not been cancelled but Support Lady took my details and EID and said It should be activated in a couple of hours

4) Support rang me back 15 mins later and said that new watch could not be added until previous order was cancelled.  She said she would escalate the cancellation request. She called twice futher yesterday to update me that my first order was not yet cancelled, but that she would continue to monitor

5) She rang lunchtime today to say no progress yet, then rang me again at 3pm to say order was cancelled and new order would proceed. I should expect this to happen in 2 or 3 hours

6) 10 mins later I received a text about change in Network settings and my Watch was then fully connected and working!

Takeaways:

Be nice to support, it's not their fault.

Lot's of people are cancelling so queue is long

You'll know order is cancelled when you can't check your order status.

Had another call back from the directors office

Sweet FA pretty much

Looks like I'll be sending my watch back to them

Phone+watch bought together from Vodafone nothing  they can do ATM

Watch from Apple or other they can add and no issues

I'm at a loss at the sheer incompetence 

Well my watch is direct from apple and they’ve also told me there is no instant fix or set date for the issue to be fixed 

strangely, 15 minutes ago I had a notification on my phone saying that my phone package isn’t eligle for usbwith my Apple Watch, even though CS member son line have confirmed it is and even the directors office have said the same. 

I did soeak to my contact this afternoon butbhave emailed them uodating them on the latest change. 

So the wait continues 

Just wanted to see if anyone has had an experience as bad as mine - trying to see if ive just had very bad luck!

Timeline of events:

Day 1 – Enrol for apple watch in a store

Day 2 – Watch starts working after 22 hours

Day 3 – Install watchOS 5.0.1 update - watch stops working, not sure if this is a coincidence

Day 5-7 – Vodafone try several attempts at fixing this with no luck

Day 8 – Main phone number disconnects

Day 11 – Phone number restored after 4 days and lots of calls to customer services, still no watch service, one hour later phone number disconnects again

Day 14 – Phone number reconnected after another 4 days, new watch order submitted

Day 15 – Watch starts working and 2 hours later phone number disconnects followed by the watch

Day 16 – Third reconnection of phone number, and new watch order submitted again

Still waiting for the watch to come back the third time, is anyone else having this level of issues???

13 days watch has never worked VF said be another 7 before it will. Then I guess I will be where you were on day 2😀

From what I understand my options are the following

Return the watch and get it from Apple and add it that way

Return the watch for a replacement

Return the watch and phone and cancel the contract and start over with a new phone and watch

Wait till they figure out a fix

Geting your watch directly from Apple does not mean it will just work...Im now nearly 2 weeks in and in the ame boat as everyone else.

Getting nowhere fast

Yes I got mine from Apple with an iPhone Xs max spent £1980 cost and 2 weeks on still not working