Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Will do but I’ll wait till tomorrow to give them another chance to respond to the message I sent this morning but thanks I’ll do that 

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @trevwealthall we're more than happy to help out. Send us your details by following the private message I've sent you.

Adam what about other people??? I am waiting since 21 October and after whole this battle with 191, chat, emails and DIRECTORS OFFICE I’m still waiting and no one even call now.

EFT195 [#19933974]

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @GrandL I'm sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. I can see the last email we sent was on 16 December and we’ve not had reply since then. If you’d like us to look into this and find out at what stage this is at with our Directors Office, please reply to our last email and we’ll be happy to check your account and provide an update.

@Jenny wrote:

Hi @GrandL I'm sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. I can see the last email we sent was on 16 December and we’ve not had reply since then. If you’d like us to look into this and find out at what stage this is at with our Directors Office, please reply to our last email and we’ll be happy to check your account and provide an update.

This is the last message:

We understand how concerning this is, the last thing we want to do is leave you without any support.

I’ve chased this up for you and I’ve been advised that one of the Customer Relations team will be in contact with you tomorrow.

Please allow them pick this up with you so they’re able provide you with any future steps from now on.

As as you see there is nothing what could move this issue any further. I don’t know what a problem do you have to turn it on if you have all my details and all numbers from my watch. Just write what is wrong and stop playing because I’m waiting 68 days for Watch! Really it’s cannot be rocket science.

Update: Sorted out now, thanks to the persistence of two of the staff members at the Canterbury store, Dan and Alisha (aka “I will not rest”;) . I wouldn’t want to be relying on the so-called ‘SOS Team’ in an emergency!

@Ozpiper wrote:

Update: Sorted out now, thanks to the persistence of two of the staff members at the Canterbury store, Dan and Alisha (aka “I will not rest”;) . I wouldn’t want to be relying on the so-called ‘SOS Team’ in an emergency!

Please give any clue how they made it

Apparently, after many false starts over several weeks, the tech team had cancelled the account. Dan and Alisha saw this and decided to just try initiating a new order. They messaged me to ask if my watch was now active on cellular, which I found it was (turn phone off and swipe up to see watch’s control centre). Much celebration at both ends, then they put a prominent message on the account notes to tell the tech team to leave well alone. 

sorinc03
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I bought my watch from Vodafone on a £22 for 6 months, £27 for the remaining 18 months plan.

The cellular feature worked for me out of the box when I set it up at 11 this morning, then stopped working later in the day. I'm on the phone with Vodafone and they're insisting the £5 thing must be enabled, which is complete nonsense. I also failed 2 unauthorized credit checks, so it looks like the issue is on their side rather than mine. There's something missing in the system that would make it work.

Glad to hear someone else is having the exact same issue as me, sorry to hear it also, I guess it’s just a waiting game guys.

will give you all an update tomorrow with regards to the device and plan if they can sort it by tomorrow and rectify the credit check issues I’ll keep the device.

i just wish they would just sort it, clearly no preparation in advance of the launch.