Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

only 5 days to tick the box? Mate 7 is minimum

I wish , had watch for 8 weeks now and customer relations phone me now and keep saying it will be resolved now they are involved and to give it 5 days which the watch should be working and to my surprise it’s still not working but on the 5th day customer relations phoned as they said they would and I said still not working then I was put on hold while they spoke to tec and it all starts again , wait another 5 days and it will be sorted, lost count how many 5 days they’ve said wait now , but will mention the box tick next time the phone , hopefully that’ll listen 

Ianadam1967
1: Seeker

Same Issue. 

I got an Apple Watch Series 4 44mm for xmas on Xmas day. Today January 2nd 2019. Over a week and still not working. 

Other family members (4of) got the same. But are on EE. I set these up and they were working with 5 mins.  [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Same problem but got mine beginning of October and still not working despite Vodafone tec...Vodafone Store ..customer relations ..online chat , countless sim swops later and it’s still ongoing and they still can’t connect it 🙁

@trevwealthall wrote:

Same problem but got mine beginning of October and still not working despite Vodafone tec...Vodafone Store ..customer relations ..online chat , countless sim swops later and it’s still ongoing and they still can’t connect it 🙁

why they simply don't say 'It's something with...'? Few minutes ago someone called to me with information "you have to wait 72 hours" - but i'm already waiting 73 days! 

Hate to say it but in all I’ve waited countless 24 hours ..48 hours one four day and on two weeks now I’m on another 24 hours which ended yesterday but did not get call back as they promised to check it’s working which is not .. feel like chucking the watch as most days or nights I’m spent on the phone to them , it’s like living and breathing for Vodafone 

I’m sorry to hear it's taken longer than expected to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone @trevwealthall and @Ianadam1967. We'll be happy to help get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your accounts to do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

I’m having the same issue, it’s not about pairing you phone to your watch, it’s about being unable to use the watch without your phone ie making/receiving a call on your watch without your mobile being present.

i have contacted Vodafone who’s tech support team are extremely helpful but have no idea of the problem or how to apply a fix, it’s an offshore contact centre for starters, English is their second language and although spoken very well and politely, the issue gets lost in translation, I was told it would be raised to the secondary higher tech support team and my issue would be sorted in 24/48 hours, I called back after 48 hours and ended up having to talk to a supervisor as the agent I spoke with, although very nice, just kept repeating everything I said?

anyway the long and short of it is as I understand it, I was told an imaginary number needed assigning to my watch in order for it to function, this I’m told will take another 5 days! I’m assuming higher technical support is in the UK and there’s no doubt a massive back log of annoyed customers who have got a wearable the purchased, which is not working, the reason you purchase a series 4 is for the cellular functionality and waterproof functionality, mine is pretty useless with out the cellular working as this is why I wanted it in the first place 😡

Hi , this all sounds familiar, I’ve been passed from one department to a higher department who supposed to sort it out better but can’t , also been passed to different levels of people and even customer relations telling I’m on the highest level  and I’ve wait countless 24 hrs 48hrs 4 days 5 days and even a 14 day and still waiting for my umpteenth week to end , lost count how many resets I’ve done on both watch and phone , should be stopped providing them if they can’t pair them fully on the data plan ..just had enough of it and apparently there’s lots of people with same problem and I thought I was the only one , 

Be had exactly the same problems. They actually managed to provision the watch and it worked for about a week. I’ve spent hours being passed from group to group with assurances it would be fixed. I’ve been promised ring backs that don’t happen. No one from Vodafone seems to have a clue how to fix it and no one has really asked any questions that make me feel they are trying.

its really the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. 

Today text said

“Dear Graham ,

Your apple watch case has been escalated to our super users , we will kindly get back to you with a resolution for the issue.

Thanks
Vodafone.” 

Guess what nothing has happened .