Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Exactly the same as me and it would be nice to actually talk to tec team , I keep saying the watch says no carrier and no sim and online chat says it’s not linked to phone that’s why but tec has to do it , why don’t they try that , customer relations phoning me again tomorrow to check again for the umpteenth time to see if it’s done then I suppose it will be escalated to yet another high level again , it just goes on and on the same thing from them 

Hi. 

Please add add me to the list of people who simply can’t get the apple watch connected to the mobile data network. 

Ive recently received  my series 4 watch and the same issue as everyone else. “Your Vodafone account is not elligble to enable mobile data”

im going round in circles (like everyone else)

if someone could send me a PM (as above) I’d be grateful. 

I’m sorry your having same trouble mine has been like it since beginning of October and still not resolved and now I’m not even getting the promised phone calls from customer relations, it’s like they have no idea what to do next , don’t know what else to try now myself 

Yes same here Searla! Secondary number is showing on

my account but still no luck, just being passed from pillar to post on what to do and nothing works! 

It’s mental isn’t it?? I’ve just been reading through the 50+ pages :Crying_Face:

I wish I took the time to check these forums before ordering.... I’ve not got the time or inclination to chase support for days on end... (but sadly that looks like what I’ll have to do) 

Has ANYONE had a positive outcome?? Really disappointed... 

I got my watch yesterday, you would of thought Vodafone would have sorted all these issues out by now! Going to call the London headquarters today to see if they help as everyone on live chat has no idea!

Yes I wish the trouble they are having also , what’s annoying is I was talked into having the watch at the Vodafone store to go with the new iPhone so why are they still selling to people knowing full well they can’t connect the data to the phone . When pairing it said can’t connect and to connect your provider to have it added onto plan , having had that message trying to be sorted out by them one person said it’s because it’s not linked so he did it for me , then it said I have to many devices on my plan and contact Vodafone to have one removed, who then said it’s because it’s not activated so he did it ..now back to square one with it saying no data ..just goes on and on doesn’t it , had the watch nearly 4 months now and feel sorry for people just getting theirs , if only they knew

Well I gave up with Vodafone after this fiasco.  I've moved to EE. 

They managed to cut me off the other day for the second time, I have a charge on my bill for £8 that they could not tell me what it was for an also tried charging for two SIMs! Whist I was cut off someone did try and ring me back but had clearely not read the case notes that I'd requested to be updated with my temporary work number whist they got me re-connected. I also had to shout at them a lot to get the phone re-connected after  being told it woud be between 2 and 48 hours having already been offline or 24 and rung them twice in this period and then magically was re-connected in 10 minutes. 

The company and its service is broken. 

I've sent a mail to BBC watchdog and a link to this thread, I suggest you do the same. Vodafine are selling a service thay cant support.  

Im also going  to have a go at contacting Tim Cook @ apple.com as this service is not living up to Apples promises and Im sure they will be concerned that Vodafone is wrecking their image.

Enough Vodafone....Im gone.  

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having problems getting your Apple Watch connected correctly @DeeDeePola, I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch; so I can take a look in to this for you. 

@trevwealthall did you get in touch via the private message that @Mark sent out? If so and you've not had a reply, please provide me with your email reference number so I can chase this up for you - it'll look something like this [#1234567].

Hi

Im having the same problem.  I received my Apple Watch Series 4 yesterday which doesnt connect to Mobile Data.  I have spoken 5 times to 191 yesterday plus several online chat.  Today I have spoken twice to 191, online chats & been into store - No one seems to be able to sort this!!! I have unpaired repaired several times! The watch has been restored to factory settings & nothing that is done connects it to the network!!

On the phone the 'Set up Mobile Data' is greyed out and on the Watch it has no ICCID number

Please are you able to sort this??