main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Anyone else still on the continuous “waiting” page on mobile data on the watch app? 

Starting to think this is never going to be resolved

View more options
2: Seeker

Edited my post to reflect key info

View more options

Still nothing here...

kind of a a huge mess up by Vodafone here and I would be interested to know if heads will roll over it. 

Seams goods and services have been sold to us all under false pretences...

View more options
12: Established

It's been less than one working day! It's annoying but I suspect things will start to get sorted today.

View more options

Update from this morning

i go on my watch app, go to mobule data

it now says vodafone uk - loading plan... 

and then changed to 

vodafone uk —- waiting... (stays on this)

but loads up the mobile data usage for current period. Which it didn’t do before. So that and it being escalated to upper management today i would hazard a guess it will probably be sorted today.

i attached a picture to this post for you guys to see.

MInes been doing that since Friday, not holding my hopes out

View more options
12: Established

Get back onto 191 and try and get them to put you through to the on shore support team. They fixed my issue on Saturday I just had to wait overnight for it to update.

View more options

going to wait for the guys to ring me at 3 with their update. i'll have my phone with me all day so its not too much of an issue. we're making progress at least,

least it recognises i have a data plan now.

View more options

So after spending 3 days getting to the bottom of my problem, I have finally got rid of my error message by doing a tarriff migration - Only to be hit with yet another "Sorry but...". This time I'm getting one saying "Sorry, the maximum number of devices has been added to your plan. If you want to use this number with your plan, please get in touch with one of our advisers and ask themt o swap to this number from one of the other devices you have set up". Error message after error message, problem after problem. I ring up to be put through to the technical team who aren't trained in this department. I'm sitting there doing troubleshooting steps like clearing the cache on my phone, advised by them, knowing full well it isn't going to work. I've got past the point of being angry anymore if I'm honest. It's just a complete and utter joke and farce. If anyone's had this message and knows what the problem is would you let me know? In the meantime I'm gonna do a bit of rooting myself. Thanks.

View more options

Had a call from a vodaphone store employee.

She said they've removed the EID from my account and re-added it and if i unpair and delete the app and redo everything from the start it should work.

going to wait to see what the guys say when they ring me later as if i try to unpair now it asks me to remove carrier.

View more options

Live Help just now

David at the moment the watch services are not fulled launched it will be fully working from 1-2 October.

So automatically from this date all your issue related to watch will be fixed.

We understand that you pay for the service when you’re not getting it. Vodafone is glad to cover the line rental charges for the time lost during this is fixed.

View more options
3: Seeker

Just had an email from Vodafone saying they had blocked calls to premium numbers from a number I didn’t recognise, so went into the watch app and it updated some settings and has now connected to cellular.

whoop.

View more options

Vodafone are ridiculous now, in over four days I have received 4 responses from their Social America support time that @Alex directed me towards and none of them have helped at all.

first response was to ensure it was me contacting them, second time was to ask what troubleshooting steps I have done, so much misinformation and plain old lies being thrown around, they have still not acknowledged the illegal credit checks they have done and I have still received no other responses since Sunday morning.

I am absolutely disgusted with the level of customer service that Vodafone offer, how they are still in business I simply cannot fathom.

Will be contacting the Ombudsman later on today to make an official complaint and I would suggest to anyone else who is having the same issue to do the same, there is power in numbers.

View more options

I’m in the same boat. I’ve spoken to 3 more advisors this morning, was disconnected god knows how many times and they still tried doing the stupid pointless troubleshooting steps. I finally got through to someone different who after a long hold, told me that the message I was getting was something completely new and that he had escalated it to level 3 technical support. Then he decided to tell me I’d have to wait yet ANOTHER 72 hours. I’ve absolutely had enough now and I’m honestly debating on just taking my custom elsewhere. Customer service are an absolute disgrace.

View more options
Administrator

@Nsjmurray Apologies it's not already been mentioned via email. This has been looked into on a whole and agreed that it's not an acceptable customer experience. 

We're currently in the process of changing our journey to ensure our customers are made aware (prior to making their purchase) that they may be subject to a credit check. 

We're working through our emails as quickly as possible and a member of our team will be in touch soon. 

View more options

I agree this is a joke, all they seem to advise is waiting, I have to wait till Wednesday until they have listened to the calls and see that I was told that I could have the esim added to my current contract, and they have actually added the second number which rings both devices it’s just the data does not work, and now being told I need to be on a £63pm tariff 

View more options

If they can not provide what was sold then I will be taking my business else where

View more options

I’ve just called and asked them to close my order which apparently takes 24-48 hours. Apple care said that is probably the issue. 

Ive given up explaining the problem as nobody knows what to do or say 

View more options

Just got a text message saying I have blocked all data, so now Vodafone are disabling my data without authorisation.

The case against them is building itself, please keep it up Vodafone, stellar service as usual.

View more options

Update

i am now getting the “You are not eligible to use Vodafone One Number with this plan, please call 191 or visit a store” message now.

View more options