Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

After visiting a store my mobile data settings now show waiting- which is an improvement..I think 

@garethr wrote:

@rasputin1969 wrote:

>My honest opinion for anyone with this issue forget CS, Twitter, Forum Help and just email the CEO and let the be your central point of contact. After I spoke to the CEO office I decided that I didnt have any confidence in there ability to resolve the issue so I left.

That is my experience too. Any other point of contact is a 100% waste of your time.

Well, I am now in contact with the CEO's office (my initial very quick response appeared to be from Nick Jeffery himself before getting handed off to the director's compaints team). We'll see how they get on over the next day or so.

so far its been so so, recieved a callback from them on saturdya, but had an email yesterday detailing what happened or not happened and now theyve closed all the orders/ waiting for them to finihs (approx 72hrs) 

and the person whose dealing with me is out of the office for 3 days

so who knows when this is going to be fixed, but its probly going to be amonth after launch at this point 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We always advise you use one method of contact when discussing an ongoing issue with us @garethr. With this said, our advisers will always leave notes on your account with the action taken and if you contact us via another method, the next adviser will be able to see these notes and not make any changes to counter act those taken previously.

Do you only choose selective customers to help!! 

@Mark wrote:

So we can chae a resolution for you @Odinn74@Matt123456 and @Nsjmurray, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@limesmoothie The team that work the Twitter feed also work the Community threads. Continue to discuss your issues with us via DM and we'll help get this resolved.

So u r not going to help me?

My watch like on Vodafone online is showing as ‘one number plan B’. Don’t remember it saying that before- maybe a step forward?

@Gemma can I also get a private message to help sort out my connectivity issues, thanks.

I am trying to setup my watch and its asking the same £5 subscription and credit check. I bought the watch and a sim only plan from vodafone and already paying £22 for 6 months and £27 onwards. The chat people told me I have to pay that extra £5 to use it or it wont work? WTH is going on here? I was not told about this extra £5 when I bought the watch.