main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
12: Established

I think this is why, it is persistent between uses.

https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/airplane-mode-ios-11/

I usually have my airpods on when in flight mode so it remembers it.

View more options
4: Newbie

Been instore again today. Still no further. initially the girl gave me the "what do you want me to do everything is right" until i stated can we go through everything again because otherwise ill give the watch back now. she then started being more helpful.

She got intouch with tech support again who we'rent listening to her. stating I NEED to pay the £5 a month (despite the fact she confirmed from their training resource "FUSE" that you should only be paying the £5 a month if you got the watch NOT directly from vodafone) so again we tried. and got the "Failed credit check" response. She stated that shes really sorry she doesnt know what else they can do.

I can empathise somewhat with vodafone as I know what apple are like. everything has to be on their terms and seemingly they have dropped it on them and given them no support on what to do if it goes wrong. it is new technology for vodafone afterall.

I rung apple support who stated everything is right on there end. Vodafone saying everything is right on their end. they have the correct EID number. It does however say in the "My watch" app settings, (Not the carrier bit) under "Reset" an option for "Remove all carrier details" and underneith states that although it wouldnt cancel the subscription we would have to contact the carrier to re-enrol the service.

But again another hour wasted instore. I may just ride it out and see what comes of it.

View more options
3: Seeker

Update: 

Progress!

I now have a second number added on my Vodafone online account and when a friend rings it, it comes straight through to my Watch and the calls are fine.

Also, the Apple Watch app now recognises that I have a valid data plan and the cellular Apple Watch icon is now a white colour on the watch. 

However, my main iPhone number is not diverting to the Watch and the Watch is not independent to make calls on its own or access data. Weirdly though, ringing the Watch number does work.

View more options

Ive just noticed something.

So currently been on chat for well over an hour again. Been passed to 3-4 different people. this latest one doesnt seem to listen to what im telling him.

I look on the site which has been updated with new prices and it states this:

Already have an Apple Watch Series 3 or Series 4?

It can be linked to your existing Vodafone iPhone plan for just £5 a month (free for the first 6 months).

So AFAIK. my account is thinking i already had the watch and that the data plan isnt included. therefor is asking me to subscribe. I then guess that its failing the check as its running the background checks and seeing its already

on the account.

View more options

@Benw18 I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had in store. So we can access your account and check everything has been set up correctly, please get in touch using the details I've sent you in a private message. We'll then be able to discuss this with you further 😊

@jeffacus@Splloyd94@ttt0mm Thanks for sending me your reference numbers - I've escalated these and you'll hear from a member of our team as soon as possible.

@SimonTurp I understand you've already spoken with us via email. I've escalated your reference number also and we'll be back in touch soon. 

@Thebeanie Have you been able to get in touch via the details I sent you in a private message? If so, please let us know your email reference number we'll have sent you in an automated reply - it looks something like this [#12345678]. We'll then be able to help you further. 

View more options

[#19591017]

@coleen.

I can only presume its because for some reason it thinks i bought the watch elsewhere instead of pre-ordering it via vodafone. maybe this is a settting that needs to be looked at

Leads me to think its a pre-ordering issue.

View more options

In Vodafone's defence here, EE had a pretty bad time last year when they launched the Apple Watch too. Apple and their NDAs will have meant very few people at Vodafone knew what was going on before the launch.

Friday has to the worst day to do a product launch like this, right before a weekend.

The level of service we're getting from customer support is just the usual standard, so that shouldn't be a surprise either. They can't even do the basics most of the time, so a new product like this means they will be out of their depth on trying to help whilst ensuring the customer satisfaction scores don't drop.

I'm sure things will improve, like better help pages online, and improved product knowledge and tomorrow the normal weekday staff will be back as well, which may help too.

Good luck with everyone still trying to activate their data plans!

View more options
@Colleen I have filled out the form, ref #19290793
View more options

@BenJ

The watch won’t access cellular on its own if it’s near the iPhone (on) it will stay white if iPhone is on flightmode or off the Watch should go green cellular meaning it’s accessing data... as for it ringing when main number is called as I said for me it’s hit and miss was 5/7 times I tried it worked the other 2 hit voice mail but my phone was in flightmode not tried it with phone on as well will run some tests  try with your phone in flightmode now make sure Watch isn’t tho and let me know 

View more options

What's this 60GB plan? I've not got anything mentioning that?

View more options
2: Seeker

Another call with Vodafone with another sense of hope, or is it false hope

Day one they point the wrong eid to the system. Guy changed it yesterday and even read back the number to me. 

Rang up tonight. Number for eid is wrong again. Reconfirmed correct number. Told to wait 24 hours.  When speaking to them and telling them that I hear you have problems with apple watch they seem confused. 

Are we in the minority with issues?

View more options

Chistery when you look on myvodafone and select your 2nd number the look at upgrade or change plan it shows data 60GB there so your watch gets 60GB data for when it’s not using WiFi or your iphones data plan 

View more options

I don't get an upgrade or change plan option on my secondary number. My watch is using data from my main phone plan.

View more options

How long has your 2nd number been showing in my Vodafone might take a day or so to show up but it’s deffiantely in myvodafone when looking in browser and not the app, the myvodafone app for me is broken right now lol

View more options

It's been working since about 8am this morning. I'll check it tomorrow and see if it looks different.

I was told the £5 plan uses your phone data, so essentially paying to use the data you've already paid for, unlike EE.

View more options

Chistery are you a byod? Then and not got a watch direct from Vodafone I got my series 4 direct pay £22 pm for the first 6 but it shows under there on the watch number 60GB even tho the Vodafone blurb says uses your existing plan I hope not I only get 5gb on my phone plan lol

View more options

Yes, byod, so £5 plan, to use data I'm already paying for.

View more options

Been on the phone again tonight. Was a fairly new guy i spoke to

so it seems like the deal being £22 per month for 6 month then £27 a month thereafter.

the £5 being the line rental that if you didnt get the watch from vodafone you'd be paying anyway. so essentially at the 6 month mark it would be the £22+5 per month. apparently. He said he didnt wanna feed me BS so if he didnt know he would tell you. which ultimately they were stumped. he asked his manager who asked the apple tech guys who all had no clue.

He said the vodafone smart guru guys (who apparently are vodafones version of the apple genius guys) are in tomorrow morning. so his manager will be getting intouch with them and hes been told to chase it up with the upper management of vodafone as he's aware lots of other people (from this forum) are having the same issue.

He told me vodafone guys were told about it all not long before the release. so you cant blame them really for the lack of training. everyone IMO looks at things differently. so people have probably read up on the training available and taken there own twist on it

This is apples way or not letting any leaks out. So anyway. he assured me (i actually believe this guy) that they will be raising it up with upper management tomorrow rather than passing it through different teams to see what the issue is and why its not working for people.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hey guys looks like I’m not alone on this as well albeit maybe a slightly different reason

I recently upgraded today and paired my Apple Watch to my new iPhone. After doing this it has now added another number I don’t recognise - this all happened when someone at Vodafone did a disconnect and reconnect from the network as the systems were having issues upgrading me. There is another number on my account now, which I do not recognise and did not set up. Not only that when I paired my watch to my iPhone I assume it would recognise my newly set up Apple Watch tariff for number 075******** however I’ve received both an email and text message stating I will now be billed £5 a month when I did not ask for this.  I now have a number on my account of 074******** now I did not want or need.

*EDIT* should have also said I got the Apple Watch from Vodafone as a pre-order and is not a BYOD scenario 

Can someone from Vodafone help ASAP please?

View more options

@Scottishgiforce

If your a bring your own device (byod) Watch the line rental for that is £5.00 also you will have a 2nd number on your account for your watch that is how Vodafone One Number works but your iPhone number will work with both iPhone and watch and any calls made on Watch should come through as your iPhone number so again if your byod your working as intended 

View more options