Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

@Mark wrote:

@HeleninGrimsby@VIMET@J8nno@Andudz@e195@CoffeeCup@Gavin3029@Fluteloop and @ghiucristian We'll be happy to look into the isuse you're experiencing with your Apple Watch. To help us do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

ive already done this to a @TJ so im pretty sure you can get the details from that, nothing meaningful has changed since she got in contact, this brutally slow process

@Mark wrote:

@HeleninGrimsby@VIMET@J8nno@Andudz@e195@CoffeeCup@Gavin3029@Fluteloop and @ghiucristian We'll be happy to look into the isuse you're experiencing with your Apple Watch. To help us do this, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I've sent.

@Mark - I already gave information regards the issues to Gemma 4 days ago and she was going to investigate.

I have also been in touch with your CEO via email and they are investigating also so I don't think there is any merit in providing details again to you.  Not only that but all my interactions with Vodafone customer services should be logged on my account.

Mines finally working. Stainless steel 44mm bought from BT. 

Finalllyyyyyyy

with vodafone or ee

So next day...... I’ve just been told on Twitter I’m receiving £25 credit and one of the directors team will call me

after work.

i just wish Vodafone would come out and apologise to everybody as this looks like a widespread issue.

makes you think that’s why EE had exclusivity in the first please..

With Vodafone ..

i went to store yesterday closed the open order opened a new one got my confirmation and 24hours later it’s working 

Ive also already sent one private message as requested bvut nothing has been done and no one has gotten i touch.,  As someone has already said, are you just picking nd choosing who you are helping.

Why isn't Vodafone doing something this fix this mess

This is embarrasing...especially as thge news release regarding this very issue  makes out that this isn't a major issue and isn't affecting many users

Another day and still no call or working watch 😞

I’ve just had an email from Voda saying we are processing your sim swap

and will be completed in 24 hours . This is for the new number they added to my account so hopefully things are being done 

I had this done 2 days ago!!

didnt charge a thing