main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
12: Established

Hi Colleen, Thanks, it seems to be sorted now. Once I got through to an on shore person, he seemed to know what to do to fix it and whilst I didn't really believe the "wait up to 24 hours" line, it is working this morning.

View more options
4: Newbie

hi Colleen, 

i filled out this form form yesterday however have done it again today. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi @Colleen,

I responded to Alex's PM yesterday but so far have no good news on my Apple Watch connection.

Do you have an ETA of when I might be able to get this resolved by?

View more options

Second that! Contacted Alex yesterday and have yet to hear back 

View more options

Thirded. I have sent the info but no response as yet. 

View more options

So now it’s eventually working when I go to mobile data on the app it says data plan Vodafone 

then underneath it says not in use 

Vodafone 

but works fine almost like 2 plans Is this normal.

4BDFE021-E163-46E1-B5B2-7F7301AC9E77.jpeg

View more options

I wonder if it’s because the watch is assigned a different number but works on my current plan ?

so one active one not

View more options

You should see a secondary number assigned to your watch, but calling your primary one should ring the watch - helps if you turn your phone off to test I guess.

View more options
Well the incompetence of Vodafone is a whole other level.... On Friday the 21st I called up to add the esim to my Apple watch S3, I was told that this was not an issue and I provided the EID as requested, was told it should be working within the next 10mins but could be up to 24hrs. 24hrs later it’s still not working, so I did an unpair and pair as some people have found this resolves the issues, that made no difference at all. I even setup the watch as new and did do a restore. Called Vodafone again to check all was ok, spoke to a very helpful lady that advised that see can see the esim is enable but no device has registered yet she suggested restarting the phone and watch, I advised the steps that I had already taken, she left me on hold for some time whist checking with the tech team, when she came back she advised that they had suggested exactly what I had already done, and that they had checked the account over and all looked fine. They would escalate the call to their servicedesk for a resolution and that I would expect a call back. After reading these forums today seeing the number of people being told they are on the wrong contract I decided just to double check with Vodafone again via online chat, this time I was told that my current contract was not compatible and advised to call 191 to resolve this. So, calling for the 3rd time and speaking yet again to another person, this time I was told my current contract won’t work with the apple watch and that I will need to upgrade to a new contract that would be £13pm extra on top of the £5pm for the esim. I asked if this was the case why have the other advisors not made me aware of this or noticed that this would be an issue, they could not answer and just asked if I was happy to upgrade, of course I have refused as on the Friday I agreed the contract and now they are the ones unable to fulfil this on the terms agreed. I asked for my PAC code as have had enough of there incompetence when passed to the team that deals with these requests they advised they can escalate the issue and that all calls will be listened to, they will then be able to offer a resolution to the current issue. So now I have to wait 72hrs for a response.
View more options

Rinnging either number should call the phone/watch if it’s all working correctly 

View more options

I don't get SMS messages though when my phone is turned off.

View more options

MikeBuzz, what does the eligibility checker say?

View more options

@MikeBuzz I read somewhere that byod S3 watches would start to go live from Monday 24th... not sure if that’s true or what someone else was told incorrectly by Vodafone... but maybe worth looking into?

View more options

Says to call 191 to complete some aditional steps

i have a 2nd number setup on my account and calling this number my iphone rings and so does the watch, but of course neither ring if phone is off

View more options

Well seeing as vodafone seem to have no clue i an not sure who to call for advise, one person says its fine, another says i need a new plan, seems like either some are missing training or they just really dont have a clue what they are doing

View more options

@christery I just put my phone in flight mode and checked my watch had 4G green sent myself an iMessage from another Apple device and it came through to my watch?? did your watch connect to the 4G network when you switched off or flight mode? can take a little bit to connect 

View more options

Yes I have 2 numbers all working fine 

View more options

iMessage uses data though. Looks like SMS doesn't work, similar to when on VoWiFi I guess. 

View more options

I’ve no clue what Plan I am on with reference to CTR12/13 or what not but I know I have Red Value 5GB plan which is due to expire March 2019, and I looked my Watch Plan expires 2020 but has 60GB data holy cow lol, oh and MyVodafone app is borked as it won’t let me see my plan information just says error working on it and it also doesn’t show my watch plan either 

View more options

Mines showing 60gb not sure what that’s about

View more options