main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

@thebeanie Is that something they can do over the phone? I spoke to them today and they said it’ll be sorted within 24-48 hours apparently but I don’t know if I believe that’s to be honest

View more options

I went in store “stelfc” it would’ve been £8 more to swap me over because I’m part through my contract, if it wasn’t for adding the nhs discount on i wouldn’t have done it.

View more options
2: Seeker

Has anyone got their watch working sourced from Apple?

View more options

How do you know that we need to be on CYR14 ? 

Was just upgrading mine as it is only £0.80 more for me so may aswell as it gives me 77 more free roaming countries.... and LIVE CHAT DISCONNECTED typical 

View more options
3: Seeker

I bought my watch from Apple and when using the Apple Watch app to activate the data plan it sent me an order email first time around and then said ‘waiting’.

I called Vodafone and they told me to leave the Apple Watch app open on the mobile data page for at least 2 hours! They also said switch WIFI off on both your phone and watch.

After leaving my phone on charge in another room like a mug for 2 hours, the app still said ‘waiting’ and nothing has happened.

When I restarted my iPhone and went back to the Apple Watch app I found that I had to ‘Set up Mobile Data’ again. I tried this five times before it finally said credit check failed!

Unbelievable! Every time you try and make the connection Vodafone are credit checking you and damaging your credit score!!!

Like everyone else I keep getting a different story or excuse every time I call them. “I will surely call you back tomorrow to fix this”

View more options

Right so after ringing them again for the 300th time, I’ve finally got some proper information regarding my error. I explained to the advisor about needing to be on a CTR14 plan or whatever it is and was told that I can do a tariff migration tomorrow once the department is open again, which should hopefully fix my “You’re not on a compatible plan for Vodafone One a Number” or whatever it is. If that’s the problem anyone else is having then I think that’s your best course of action. Hope this helps. Massive thanks to @thebeanieman who helped me more in one simple message than the million different advisors I’ve spoken to.

View more options

I just spoke to technical regarding this who said something similar that I was on the wrong plan, he put me through to A CS agent who checked my account and said it was all ok and to take her word technical don’t know how plans work and how they are set up she said the problem is they have a load of orders stuck open and they have to be manually looked at one by one and closed. So yet again we all get different stories depending what time you call and who you speak too

View more options

Yeah it’s mental isn’t it? I think that I’m definitely on the wrong plan though because I know that I got my iPhone in March 2018 and the new plans are from April 2018. I’ve been told the same thing by 3 different people now so I’m taking their word for it. Guy in here who had the same problem said they changed his in store and it was working fine. I’ll see tomorrow I suppose when I speak to them again but I’m confident this will finally solve my problem. I completely agree with you though regarding being told different things. I’ve spoken to 5-6 advisors over the phone and a few via the chat too, and none of them really know what is going on. It’s been an absolute shambles.

View more options

Hi Stelfc

sorry i didn’t mean to give you the wrong impression. It’s still not working for me

changing into the different plan simpley allowed me to get to the stage where they want a £5 subscription for “line rental”

going back to the store tomorrow to see what they can do.

View more options

No don’t worry I knew what you meant. No harm done. They rang me back anyway and told me that I am in fact on the correct plan apparently. To be fair to them they were ringing me and trying to help, which I appreciate, but still no luck. Last chance saloon tomorrow I think. I’ll give them another ring and ask them about my plan in the morning and if they still can’t help I’ll be sending the watch back and probably get another one in a couple of months time, when I know the errors will have been fixed. Completely fed up now.

View more options

No probs.

As i stated to the complaints guy. If vodafone owned up and said "really sorry. teething issues we have no idea what we're doing at the moment" I wouldnt be so annoyed. Its the fact how everyone ive spoken to has given me information that isnt correct.

Im going to ride it out. I might ask them to try swapping the watch tomorrow and see what they say.

I read on a forum elsewhere when other carriers had the same issues when it was new that deleting the "vodafone uk" plan under the carrier settings on the My watch app (as it said "Not being used") should help refresh it. Thats what i did and now it wont come back.

But everytime i load up the Mobile data bit of my phone it does come up with "Vodafone UK.... Loading plan" for about 2 seconds then goes back to "Set up mobile data" where the login screen prompts you to try the £5 subscription. I was told by the complaints team that one of the managers told him that he had to do that to set his up and it shouldnt affect credit rating. however when i did it it stated that i failed the check (despite having above average credit rating)

That’s disgusting, especially if its affecting your credit rating. Vodafone have got a lot to answer for regarding this. They’re leading people down dead ends when none of them have a clue what they’re doing. As you said, admitting that they’re still learning would go a long way compared to just lying, and saying something different every time you speak to them. The guys I spoke to before actually rang me back a couple of times which I was really thankful for. Getting past the error screen I see time and time again is all’s I want to do. If I need to be in a CTR14 plan or whatever then that’s fine by me, but I can’t even get a solid answer. 

View more options

So after being promised last night midnight has been and gone and guess what it still doesn’t work.

so when I speak to CS again I’m just gonna have to send it back.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

Mine has updated overnight and is now working.  

View more options

At a complete loss what to do now.

View more options

So just got off the phone and spoke to somebody who kind of knows the issue. 

The reason the watch isn’t on my plan yet and stuck open Ian that it’s showing as a failed delivery I got my watch on Friday morning at 9am I didn’t get any emails from Vodafone saying it was going to be delivered until lunch time that day.

as I have the watch it actually takes 3 days to close these stuck orders I’m getting a call back in 2 hours with more information. It may have to be a case of returning the watch and redoing the whole order .   So anybody who has a stuck open order worth asking if it’s showing as a failed delivery.

View more options

That sounds similar to me Odin, mine arrived on Friday but got emailed saying it was coming Monday. 

Could you let me know the outcome of your call? Maybe it will be sorted on Monday then? 

View more options

I’ve tried the whole no WiFi thing and of course didn’t work, I left the damn thing unpaired overnight and switched off, tried again this morning and the same old message about adding it for £5 and voda have confirmed that my watch is indeed tied to my plan and I can see this on my MyVodafone account.

Emailed the team yesterday around 12ish and had one response all day asking me to confirm who I am and since then, nothing, I’m thinking about sending both devices back and seeking some sort of legal advice about the credit checks they performed.

They did around 7 of them because the clueless advisors who seek nothing but our “understanding” because it’s a new product continuously told me one after the other than I need to try and add the subscription and that I wouldn’t be charged no or credit checks, they disregarded me stating that it had happened before and said they would take “full responsibility” if I am charged or Credit checked again so I think I have a case.

My final note on this for the time being is that the simple fact of the matter is that’s Vodafone should have trained and prepared all of their staff well in advance of this release and that asking us, as the consumers to be more “understanding” is not good enough, I had to explain what a damn credit check was to a advisor at Vodafone and that was probably the biggest facepalm of the night.

View more options

So just got a message saying carrier settings updated checked on the watch mobile data plan Vodafone all working perfectly.

View more options

@jeffacus We'll be able to take a look at your account once we're received your details and discuss your order with you then 😊

@SteLFC Your email reference number from when you contacted our team, may be in your email spam/junk folder. If you can please let us know this reference, I can check for your message in our inbox. We'll then be able to take a look at your account and help you further with this. 

@Thebeanie I'm sorry you're receiving conflicting information about this. So we can check your order and the set up of your plan on your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. We'll then be able to get everything confirmed for you.

@beyre83 From the picture you've sent, it certainly looks like everything is set up correctly - thanks for the update 👍

@BenJ  I'm really sorry you're having problems connecting your devices and this has caused a credit check failure. We'll be more than happy to help and will do everything we can to ensure you aren't affected by this. Please follow the steps I've sent you in a private message with information on how to get in touch with our team.

@Nsjmurray  Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I'll escalate your query using your reference number again today and ensure someone gets back to you as soon as possible 😊

@ec1, @mramclennan@chistery@Splloyd94@ttt0mm As we’ll need to check your accounts to take a look at your orders and check everything is set up correctly, I’ve sent you all a private message so you can get in touch with us directly. 

@Odinn74 It's great to hear you've received an update this morning and everything seems to be up and running for you now. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything you need help with in the future.

View more options