main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

SOLVED
View solved solution
13: Advanced Member

@Thebeanie wrote:

Nope, still asks me to sign up to £5 a month. Why does it do this when there is NO mention of this on the site and of terms and conditions of the watch.

I'd say that suggests the Vodafone haven't tied the watch contract to your account so it thinks you bought it elsewhere, you won't need to pay an additional £5 above your monthly fee. Try Twitter, shaming a company in public is usually the best way to get Vodafone to do something.

View more options
4: Newbie

Yeah it’s how I eventually got mine sorted... if re pairing it still doesn’t work try with repairing with WiFi disabled on your phone... as that is also a step I tried last night so can’t fully say what worked and what did not in the end 

View more options

This is the latest rubbish from them.

EF906FD2-CE7C-440D-9D8F-2290968F41BB.jpeg

View more options

Can’t see the image what does it say?

View more options

Basically saying it’s a system issue they are waiting for updates from the manufacturer so that’s why the delay blaming apple.

View more options

That’s ##~##... as clearly some people’s Series 4 Watch bought from Vodafone direct do work... as mine does I did have a ##~## to get it working like you all did, except for I never saw the £5 thing or credit check like some of you have I just unpaired re paired waited a few hours with the watch unpaired then re paired it with WiFi off on my phone and then when I looked at cellular on the Apple Watch app it was activated and now just works... so not sure what gives tbh keep trying tho and don’t give up hope 

View more options
2: Seeker

@Alex

still nothing working, saying data plan not setup

View more options

I have to say mine worked straight away although I have been sent an email with a strange number on and 60gb?? But it is for a Apple Watch?? I do have to say though if you go to settings and mobile data it does ask to install a new profile, I did this and I get the connected and Vodafone come up two ticks  

View more options

This is where the majority of us on here are running into problems sadly! Glad to hear yours is all working though!

View more options
3: Seeker

As what I understood from conversation with 191, apple watch 4 from apple store (charge for 5GBP) will be provisioned starting next month.
I ordered mine frm Vodafone and it works out of the box for data connection with two tick.

Just for side note, pairing does not work with Wi-fi connection on iPhone. I had to off wi-fi on phone and did pairing then only works.

View more options

My Apple Watch is from Vodafone and hasn’t worked for nearly 48hrs.

cant see it getting anytime soon.

View more options

Mines still not working either. 

Its really frustrating me now

View more options

My watch is from Apple and is currently working fine, Took 12 hours for the second line to be set up but all is well. I just had to give Vodafone my watch EID and that was it. 

View more options

Well if this isn’t sorted by tomorrow the watch will be going back.

View more options

Interesting. Out of the 6 people I’ve spoken to and 7 calls in the last 36 hours nobody has asked for the EID. Will try suggesting that  tomorrow if it’s still not working. 

View more options

What issues are you guys running in to? Are any of you getting the “Your plan is not compatible with Vodafone One Number” message?

View more options

With regards to the EID, i mentioned it to them they said they already had it, double checked it with mine and It’s the same.

View more options

A constant “waiting” sign on mobile data in the watch app followed by a message saying “unable to set up plan” 

View more options

“Stelfc” It’s because you’re on an older data plan the “ctr13” and it needs to be on a ctr14 plan

View more options

The EID is basically the watches eSim number and has to be associated with your account for it to work.  

View more options