Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Mine was activated quite quickly. However a few days later it stopped working and never did again. Hope yours remains connected 

Just had a phone call from Vodafone’s customer relations saying that tec have sorted my watch and done another esim swop and to give it 2 or 3 hours then unpair and pair watch and I should find it’s all up and running, heard this so many times over the past 4 months that I don’t  believe it now but hope this time all’s ok , but like lots of others I’ve been told this to many times but will let you all know if it’s working..🤞

Well I said I’d let you all know the outcome, as I said customer relations said tec have resolved the issue with my Apple Watch and to give it 2or 3 hours then unpair and pair again and it should be working. after 3 hours I tried it and now it lets me tap on add data BUT ..it then says there is a problem connecting and to call 191 for help , thought it wouldn’t work I was right so instead of phoning I went onto Vodafone chat and he said it’s because the eid has not been updated on the system so he did it and now all I have to do is wait for 30 minutes and all will be ok , wish I had a penny every time that’s been said ..so I’ll let you know if successful or not 

So I have a huge updated, I seem to be all up and running! I gave up with calling Vodafone and began chat over Facebook, it’s taken a few weeks but it’s finally been sorted! For how long I don’t know! 

@Jasespace123 wrote:

So I have a huge updated, I seem to be all up and running! I gave up with calling Vodafone and began chat over Facebook, it’s taken a few weeks but it’s finally been sorted! For how long I don’t know! 

I wish I could write the same. Maybe you know any details what was wrong or what they changed? 

Just to chip in with an update, (not just to rub it in I promise). 

My my watch is still working after a couple of weeks. 

So, there is an answer to all of this, just need to hit lucky with the right person by the looks of it.. which is ridiculous really... 

I gave them loads of suggestions from here to do, they even tried to fob me off with my watch was faulty but I stuck with it and today got another message saying to turn my phone on and off and it should work so I done it thinking it wasn’t going to work and I got a carrier update sent to my phone and all of a sudden the watch started working too! What is it saying when you try to add mobile data? Did you get the watch from Vodafone or from another source? 

I added my mobile data almost 3 months ago but in settings>general>about I have Network: “Not available” and they cannot solve it. 

Join the club ..have been trying for nearly 5 months 

They just called me and my update should be done Monday. As I said earlier any of technical team is working during weekends so there’s no point to call/write/etc there till Monday. Have nice weekend (especially those with working watch)