Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Well looks like I have the same problem.

Its been two weeks and still not fixed no matter how many times Vodafone has told me to unpair the watch and setup again.

Not sure how Vodafone is going to compensate their users for these ongoing issue that they don't seem to be able to fix. 

I still don't have a working series 4 watch - that's now several months later.  Hours and hours on hold, hours in the store - I don't think it would be possible to compensate me for the days of my life I've lost with Vodafone trying to get the watch working.

It's really hard to believe that there isn't anyone in Vodafone who has the faintest idea how to set up an apple watch.

I still can’t beleave Vodafone have no idea how to fix this issue.  I keep getting fobbed off with. It will be worked after midnight.  It is beyond a joke.

why can’t they admit they have no clue how to fix.

still no compinsation,  paying for stuff we can’t use.

I just got one with o2 started watch, opened iPhone app and had option to sync and has worked perfectly ever since, will never touch Vodafone again and I was a customer for 15 years

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Andyliddle we don't want you feeling this way and this should have been resolved for you earlier. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

I did via facebook and not no response. still waiting for a security code

DKaftermath
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have spent many hours over the last 7 days on and off the phone and chats to vodafone customer support.

I have been trying to link my apple watch to be able to use its cellular when i dont have my phone, but when i go through the process of setting up the mobile data on my apple watch app on my iphone , i get to the log in page , then a message saying i need to phone 191 and speak to someone.

I have rang 191 every day now for the last 7 days , and everyone keeps saying wait 24 to 48 hours and it will be sorted, well 7 days later and i am still no further forward.

Most of the customer support team say that they will call back the next day, and guess what ? not one of them has returned the call.

My watch stopped connecting to mobile data 7 days ago.

When i first got it and phoned vodafone to have it connected it was done in 10 mins, so why am i waiting 7 days plus ?

Personally i dont think the customer service team that take my calls have got a clue, and need to do some serious training, and put people like me to the correct team that knows about these problems and how to set it up.

Re: Series 3 Apple Watch Cellular wont set up with vodafone
I have spent many hours over the last 7 days on and off the phone and chats to vodafone customer support.

I have been trying to link my apple watch to be able to use its cellular when i dont have my phone, but when i go through the process of setting up the mobile data on my apple watch app on my iphone , i get to the log in page , then a message saying i need to phone 191 and speak to someone.

I have rang 191 every day now for the last 7 days , and everyone keeps saying wait 24 to 48 hours and it will be sorted, well 7 days later and i am still no further forward.

Most of the customer support team say that they will call back the next day, and guess what ? not one of them has returned the call.

My watch stopped connecting to mobile data 7 days ago.

When i first got it and phoned vodafone to have it connected it was done in 10 mins, so why am i waiting 7 days plus ?

Personally i dont think the customer service team that take my calls have got a clue, and need to do some serious training, and put people like me to the correct team that knows about these problems and how to set it up.

No, I had problems phoning customer support team.

I ended up contacting them using Facebook Messenger.  I ended up with the same guy helping me fix my watch issue.

Managed to get it resolved through it took a while, something to do with my contract in the end.

I'm amazed Vodafone are still [Removed]  this up. I failed for weeks at Christmas trying to get it sorted and it was one mistake after another. As a company Vodafone are incompetent at provisioning services, billing accurately or doing basic customer service. My advice, cancel your contract and move to another supplier. 

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]