Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone15 Back Orders

Cracknell96
3: Seeker

Hi 

Just wondering if anyone else has received the iPhone 15 Pro Max?

I ordered at 1:54pm on 15th September with delivery due on 22/09 between 8 - 6pm. I have had no update through email about wait times or if it has been dispatched. When I click on track order it says 1-2 weeks https://myaccount.vodafone.co.uk/orders/search

When I go into my account it says 3-4 weeks and when I got in touch through live chat they said 2-3 weeks. If you order now it's 4-5 weeks trough Vodafone and through Apple it's 8 weeks.  

Does anyone actually have an idea what is going on? Surely they would have had an allocated amount when people were pre-ordering. Now everyone is just left in the dark.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DMDA90 , @Cracknell96, and @alanodlin, apologies for the delay with your iPhone 15 order. We understand that you've been looking forward to getting your hands on your new phone and the frustration a delay to this may cause.
So we can check over your order, please pop us a private message via one of our social channels with the below information and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you 😊
- Full name
- Mobile number
- iPhone 15 Order number
- Delivery address

View solution in original position

52 REPLIES 52

DMDA90

Same here!  I believed pre ordering and securing my place in the queue would mean i would receive when i was told (22/09).  Now i have now estimated date at all.

alanodlin
7: Helper
7: Helper

It's the same every year! Vodafone say they dont know how much stock they will be given by Apple.... So take pre-orders without even knowing how many handsets they will be allocated from Apple. My pre-order was completed at 1:20pm on the 15th. I thought I'd at least be near the top of the "first come, first served" queue but apparently not as phone not received and now being told 1-2 weeks which I'm sceptical about as Apple website says they can't deliver until mid November!

It's just a wait and see game. Also, the order tracker on Vodafone website doesn't update! Last year the order tracker said 1-2 weeks delivery for my 14 Pro max when I had it in my hand on launch day! 

Download the DPD app and you will get a notification of a parcel pending before you get any messages/emails from Vodafone

But from past experience there really isn't any point phoning/chatting with anyone at Vodafone. they will all tell you something different, none of which is accurate as they themselves don't actually know when/if they will have stock to fulfil orders. So its just a case of waiting I'm afraid

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DMDA90 , @Cracknell96, and @alanodlin, apologies for the delay with your iPhone 15 order. We understand that you've been looking forward to getting your hands on your new phone and the frustration a delay to this may cause.
So we can check over your order, please pop us a private message via one of our social channels with the below information and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you 😊
- Full name
- Mobile number
- iPhone 15 Order number
- Delivery address

I tried all 3 social accounts as you suggested and got no help at all. Just got told to keep checking my tracking and that I’ll get a text/email when it’s ready. 
useless. Don’t bother trying to get answers guys :Sad_face:

Even though the assistant advised me in the store on the 15th that I’d get my iPhone by the 6th October I’m still waiting. No update either. Still says a 10 day back order. 
come on Vodafone, you should at least keep your customers properly updated after misleading them

Today I learnt from the assistant manager of the Chorley Vodafone store that his manager pre-ordered and got his phone today, but he didn’t bother and bought from the stock that came in on the 22nd… does that mean our pre-ordered phones were sold twice?

Why am I not surprised. I had a manager years ago who would buy stock we ordered specifically for customers then expected us to call customer to say it was out of stock.  Vodafone probably doing the same

Cracknell96

Eventually got a text from them and it has updated on my account. Message says:

Hello. You recently placed an order with us and was expecting delivery for today. We’re very sorry, but due to a technical issue your order will now be with you by 9 October. To find out about the status of your order, visit www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/ordertracker  Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for being a Vodafone customer.
Not Sure if anyone else has this message but its now good to know what's going on. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated about this @Cracknell96