Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send texts Samsung A20

Clared
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

About 2 months ago my phone stopped sending texts. I can receive texts still. I've tried clearing old texts, cache, checked the Vodafone SMS number and checked permissions. I hope I don't need to do a factory reset. Any other ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Clared 

Go into Settings, Connections, More Connection Settings, Toggle Off Rich Communications if its Toggled On.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just thinking about this.

You could also try,

Settings_Apps_Messages_ Storage_ Clear Cache and Clear Data.

Current Phone  >

It was off, but I toggled ot on and off again. No change.

AnnS

Hi @Clared 

What happens when you try an alternative Vodafone SIM in the phone? This would determine if it was a SIM or phone fault. 

Doing a network scan can update the SIM on the network, this is done by going into your network settings, selecting any other network, wait for the request to be rejected and reselect Vodafone.  Also see device guides here: Device Guides 

When a SIM gets quite old it can start to do some strange things, I would recommend trying a replacement SIM here: Replacement SIM card 

Other than that, it can be account related and Vodafone will need to make sure your messages are hitting the message centre for forwarding onto the recipient.  Follow this link and speak directly to the Social Team for direct help and support here: Contact Us 

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Clared 

Did you try clearing the cache and data too ?

Are you not able to send texts to anyone at all on any network  ?

Current Phone  >