Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Z3 Fold Screen Cracking

Jacq196
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Samsung  Galaxy Z3 Fold phone is now just over 1 year old and already the screen is cracking in the Fold. The warranty is 2yrs.  I took the phone into my local Vodafone shop and was told I have to return the phone in person to the Samsung shop in Central London ! This would cost me a days wage (£240) as I'm self employed,  a train fare of £36 and a 3hr train journey plus walking time in London.  I  have a warranty. I bought the Device from Vodafone. I pay Vodafone.... why am I needing to go to all this time and effort plus expense to get an item fixed that's under warranty,  and purchased from Vodafone!? Do explain.... thank you. Jacqueline 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @Jacq196  👍

All the Samsung Fold³ phone's have a factory fitted screen protector on them.

If you feel with your nail you should find the edges.

I help out on the Samsung Eu Community Forum and there has been a few owners with this happening too.

As you can see I've replied in one of thise threads highlighted by AnnS.

As I mentioned it also happened with my own Fold³ too.

As I mentioned and as supported by the link as Vodafone are the seller of the phone they are duty bound to assist you.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would help too.

In some areas Samsung also offer a doorstep repair service.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

I'm pretty sure that I don't have a screen protector (must have removed it upon delivery) but I also have a small on head size 'bleed' on my screen which appeared within 4 weeks of purchase but I didn't want to return the phone at such an early stage as I needed it. That hasn't got any worse to be fair but in addition of late my battery also gets very hot but not all the time,  so with all 3 'faults' I think it's time it went back but I'll try the Samsung route as AnnS suggested. 

Thanks again,  I love the phone but a lot of money to be having these issues 1 year in..... Best,  J

BandOfBrothers

You really should have had this looked at ASAP in regards to the display panel problem.

I appreciate you wanted to hold onto it.

I hope Vodafone don't assess the phone and say it's accidental damage.

You would have known if you had peeled the screen protector off as it's a case of using a fingernail and really trying quite hard to lift up an edge and then due to the size of the inner screen it's a sizeable screen protector and pretty thick as I remember when I removed mine.

It's not a flimsy in-transit type of easy pull away affair.

Samsung apply this screen protector to all Samsung Z Fold³ phones.

If you look on YouTube there are videos on people removing them.

Samsung will check the phone's serial number and realise it's a network supplied phone.

You may find they'll either assess the phone and fix it under the warranty and or levy a fee or they'll direct you to contact the ' seller / merchant ' which is in this case Vodafone UK.

I'm just a little concerned over the " head size 'bleed' on my screen " which I'm hope either don't advise as accidental damage.

Just incase it's stuck pixels please try the following.

Launch your phone app and dial *#0*#

This should bring up a list of options to which one is various colour panels.

Scroll them them a few time's.

If this is a stuck pixel this may jolt them into moving again.

Would you let us know how you get on please @Jacq196 

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks again....its more a case of age and not remembering what I did yesteryday let alone 1yr ago.I must of removed the screen protector then.  I also did return to the store regarding the pin size spec on the screen and had this noted on my account.  I was leaving UK to go abroad so not possible to travel without the new phone.  Regardless it hasn't got any worse in a year but its disappointing for such an expensive phone,  that plus my battery heating issue .... 

I'll see what Samsung say about all 3 issues as Vodafone were not of any help....all. in all very disappointing as I do love the actual phone, brilliant for travelling as I don't need to take a Tablet too...

Thanks again J