Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

I've been on to Vodafone and Xiaomi this morning. Vodafone are trying to blame Xiaomi. 

Xiaomi are saying you can send your phone off for repair which can take up to 3 weeks. I struggle to believe nobody can sort an OTA update for the problem. I know I won't be paying Vodafone until it's sorted . I'm not paying for a service they can't provide me. I bought the phone from Vodafone not Xiaomi. 

John20000
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After an hour an hour on Vodafone this morning , got told it's nothing to do with them , everything is ok at there end ,. Then gave me xiaomi phone number , I contact them and they say it's Vodafone and APN needs resetting , but can't do that .. phone back Vodafone  again another hour on chat , to be told it will be sorted today , it's a worldwide problem ..  so after 3 hours no better off

Yeah, the passing the buck thing is so frustrating. Fingers crissed voda pushes the fix (that works :p) today

One thing I've learnt.....back to OnePlus I go....

This is actually one big buck passing exercise who in god's name puts out a software update without product testing first it's made me lose faith in both brands ...again thanks to all you guys keeping us informed

Trust me, as far as we are concerned, we had no clue, we'd given the update files to voda when the mi 9 got it, almost a year ago,after that the ball was in theur camp. We have enough issues of our own ATM to want that on top, and we DO run betas on stuff like these. 

Hi, in the same boat here...updated and now have no SIM card detection. I sent a bug report off a couple of days ago and have just been contacted by someone claiming to be from Xiaomi? 

Dear Customer:if the problem that the SIM card is not recognized occurs ,please help to get this issue 995log and bugreport :
1. Pull out the SIM card and enter * # * # 995995 # * # * on the dial pad;
2. Insert the SIM card and take a screenshot. After waiting for 3 minutes, take a screenshot again.
3. Enter * # * # 995995 # * # * again on the dial pad,
4. Enter * # * # 284 # * # * on the dial pad
5. Export 995 log from mobile phone: sdcard / diag_logs
6. Export bugreport from mobile phone: sdcard / MIUI / debug_log
Please the two folders send to me after compressed, like "diag_logs.zip", If you can't send it, you can share it with Google Drive, thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has been contacted for logs? Seems they're not even close to fixing this?

An engineer contacted me last night. 

Asked to set screen recorder....remove sim card.....put it back in and wait 3 mins before sending log and video to WhatsApp. 

Done but my phone is still exactly the same! And no further info. 

I've spoke to both Vodafone and Xiaomi customer services who weirdly haven't passed the buck but both saying it needs to be sent in for repair to them. Too many mixed messages!!!

miekaky3
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

That'll teach me to get too excited over network software updates! It baffles me that they would have had MIUI 11 for almost a year and with all that time to QA and test, nobody tried to do it with a SIM in the phone.

Now I have to deal with a factory reset phone (having to redo all of my authentication apps and google pay for the millionth time!) and I can't make any work calls from home. Hopefully they sort this sooner rather than later, and I will definitely be avoiding buying network locked phones in the future, especially from Voda.

Spoke to Vodafone yesterday and they want me to send my phone in - God knows how long that will take for something that could probably be fixed by an OTA update. Now's not the best time to be without a phone.