Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Vodafone claims that Xiaomi is guilty and vice versa,w are in the middle

We are all Vodafone customers or were in my case. Vodafone should have sorted this regardless of blame. They've washed their hands of their customers problems. 

only we vodafone customers have this problem

insert another operator's SIM card and your phone will work as before.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

Consumer Rights Act 2015

Feel free to look up your rights on this.  I reckon Sections 16, 19, 23, 30 and 43 all apply here.  Vodafone have failed to fix the fault, which they created, so a replacement handset is the only other choice.  I have asked via FB messenger, not that I have had a reply to that.  

Danny can take a hike 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, we've received an update from Xiaomi for those who are continuing to experience issues with connecting to our network following Thursday's software update. A further update will be released by the end of today which will resolve any issues. 

Thanks to those who sent their details over to me over the weekend as this will have helped us with our investigation!

If anyone had set up a call divert in the meantime, please ensure you remove this when your SIM is back up and running through the same steps given previously.

Once resolved, please let me know if you have any further issues or questions. For anything account related, you can reach out to us through any one of the contact methods I've given previously.

Friday's software update?  Anyone else know what she is talking about?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SG72 Apologies, have updated this now.

@Makera The 11.0.4 will be the latest software update from Thursday, if you're still experiencing issues today's update will be the fix 👍

Update just come through, everything seems to be working fine