main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm actually from Canada, and I couldn't help but notice you guys having this issue. I own a Vodafone Mi Mix 3 5G and hope to one day get the MIUI 11 update too.

In order to access the hidden APN settings which are greyed out or inaccessible, you can try using this app that a fellow Canadian made for Xiaomi phones: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/solved-fido-apn-miui-10-cant-add-apn-2239645/2/#p30756342

Not sure if it will solve the issue, but it's worth a try. On my other MIUI 11 phone, the only way I can ever change the APN is through this app, since Google has pretty much disabled APN editing in new Android releases if the SIM card has preset settings.

View more options
Highlighted

Hello there.. I have a Vodafone contract Xiaomi Mi 9, and after last update it doesn't recognise the SIM card and does not work at all with it. Found out that a fix for this has been rolled out, but yet, not been able to download it. I have taken my SIM card of the phone, so I am using WIFI only.. I search for updates and it does not show me anything.

Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @SLAPBACKGOD 

Please take a look at this recent pre existing thread on this subject.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi Natasha and everyone

Today is the exact week when my phone does not work. I did everything I was even suggested to reset the phone (loss of data and valuable time too)s. You said to connect via social media I did and you know what? this is probably a joke. Here is your answer

Thanks for sending this over XXXXXX, this is a known issue we have escalated to Xiaomi who have confirmed that they have identified the issue and we are currently in the process of creating a patch.

I understand you need your phone more than ever so Vodafone are working as fast as they can on this and aim to get the fix sent off to Google for approval next week before it can be released to all customers.

Dean

Is this help? This a serious approach to your customers problem? After a week of waiting for repair, Vodafone says next week?

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Let's face it, Natasha is nothing more than another time buying exercise from Vodafone. 

View more options
Highlighted

I cannot even access the settings for SIM cards, its all greyed out...

View more options
Highlighted

Anybody else notice decreased battery life with the patch?

View more options
Highlighted

Where/how do I access the patch?

View more options
Highlighted

Yes, I used to recharge alternate days but since I'm back on it's been down to 20% each evening. 

View more options
Highlighted

There is no way to contact anyone... tried through vodafone app talking to tech people, they had no clue this issue existed!!!!

Not impressed at all!

No reply from the messenger/facebook either!

View more options
Highlighted

I got to speak to someone on support chat last night that assured me a patch that resolves this would be available from Xiaomi within 12 hours. Of course 8 hours came and went and we're now 3 hours later and there's nothing. It has been a week and I've been assured we'll have a solution numerous times.

Here's a snippet from the transcript; this has gone too far now!

You : okay, so by 8am tomorrow morning it'll be available
Jiabur : Yes, that's correct.
You : I really hope so. thank you for your help
Jiabur : It will be completed for sure as our internal team is closely working on it. Also, you will get the credit for the days you're unable to use the services from us.
View more options
Highlighted

I do that as well now, having screen shots of all the conversations, but nothing was promised to me 😞 indeed the person had no idea about the issue at all...

View more options
Highlighted

I've added a tag to the solution of "not-solved" to help clarify that there is no resolution.

View more options
Highlighted

Vodafone had little interest in helping any of us. I'm not turned my mi9 on today to see if it works but I do know this OnePlus does. I will wait for Vodafone to contact me about not paying them. Then they can have my terms and conditions. Shameful by vodafone but they won't care. 

View more options

So I was talking to Natasha via FB messenger but she's now been replaced by Danny. 

Danny's reply to being asked for a replacement phone? We *can't* do that. 

I pointed out that they can, but simply *won't* provide a replacement. 

I've sent the link to this forum and my experience so far to the Daily Record newspaper. I'm quite sure they will happily look into how Vodafone is treating their customers. 

I'm a key worker with the NHS, I need to travel all over Scotland for work and need my phone working. Apparently this is acceptable to Vodafone. 

I mean, they provide us NHS workers with 6 months free unlimited data, which I can't use because they bricked my phone. 

What excellent service. 

View more options
Highlighted

Let's hope the Daily Record print am article. As you say it's not that they can't .....it's that Vodafone are not willing to. I've never known a mobile phone service to be down for nearly a week now. I accept if I had broken my phone but I had not. Both Vodafone and Xiaomi are jointly responsible. However all our phone contracts were with Vodafone, not Xiaomi. 

View more options
Highlighted

Vodafone claims that Xiaomi is guilty and vice versa,w are in the middle

View more options
Highlighted

We are all Vodafone customers or were in my case. Vodafone should have sorted this regardless of blame. They've washed their hands of their customers problems. 

View more options
Highlighted

only we vodafone customers have this problem

View more options
Highlighted

insert another operator's SIM card and your phone will work as before.

View more options