Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been going on since Sunday night, I was told 12-24 hours and it's now 5 days. It is totally unacceptable at a time when phones are needed. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Wxrthltl I've responded to your latest message to us 👍

@Zak1963 The dedicated team are in talks with the manufacturer - while we've not received any confirmation of any further software patches, I'll let you know here if anything changes. In the meantime we're advising resetting APN settings (or a factory reset as a last resort) as these have helped a considerably large amount of people to reconnect to their services. If for any reason that doesn't work, we're asking those still affected to get in touch so that we can raise this to the team to help implement a fix.

@Dodgy_C @Anonymous  Have you tried resetting your APN settings from the steps posted earlier? If that or a factory reset doesn't resolve this for you, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter if you haven't already. We'll then be able to take your details securely and pass these along to our team. Please ensure you include your Community username and a link to your post - we'll then be able to track down your message if needed.

I pay on average close to £100 pm for two phones / tariffs on Vodafone. The answer is simple, I have a cheap alternative phone  to use, one tariff is up so that one will go elsewhere and so will the other one when the contract expires and spread the word of insanely poor service 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, a further update I wanted to share. For those who are still affected and have raised this to us on Facebook/Twitter so we can escalate the requested details to our department, the following should help while we work on a fix:
- Carrying out any calls through apps while connected to a WiFi network
- Diverting calls to another number you have available. You can do this in your online account
 by logging in and going to:

• Services and Extras

• Call divert 

• Enter your security pin/password

• Click Change

• Tick Forward calls immediately

• Choose “To a different number”

• Enter the destination number

• Click Save

How on earth is this marked as solved?

I got to speak to someone on support chat last night that assured me a patch that resolves this would be available from Xiaomi within 12 hours. Of course 8 hours came and went and we're now 3 hours later and there's nothing. It has been a week and I've been assured we'll have a solution numerous times.

Here's a snippet from the transcript; this has gone too far now!

You : okay, so by 8am tomorrow morning it'll be available
Jiabur : Yes, that's correct.
You : I really hope so. thank you for your help
Jiabur : It will be completed for sure as our internal team is closely working on it. Also, you will get the credit for the days you're unable to use the services from us.

I do that as well now, having screen shots of all the conversations, but nothing was promised to me 😞 indeed the person had no idea about the issue at all...

Vodafone had little interest in helping any of us. I'm not turned my mi9 on today to see if it works but I do know this OnePlus does. I will wait for Vodafone to contact me about not paying them. Then they can have my terms and conditions. Shameful by vodafone but they won't care. 

So I was talking to Natasha via FB messenger but she's now been replaced by Danny. 

Danny's reply to being asked for a replacement phone? We *can't* do that. 

I pointed out that they can, but simply *won't* provide a replacement. 

I've sent the link to this forum and my experience so far to the Daily Record newspaper. I'm quite sure they will happily look into how Vodafone is treating their customers. 

I'm a key worker with the NHS, I need to travel all over Scotland for work and need my phone working. Apparently this is acceptable to Vodafone. 

I mean, they provide us NHS workers with 6 months free unlimited data, which I can't use because they bricked my phone. 

What excellent service. 

Let's hope the Daily Record print am article. As you say it's not that they can't .....it's that Vodafone are not willing to. I've never known a mobile phone service to be down for nearly a week now. I accept if I had broken my phone but I had not. Both Vodafone and Xiaomi are jointly responsible. However all our phone contracts were with Vodafone, not Xiaomi.