Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

The Google assist is just an annoying setting again. In settings turn off 'swipe up on home screen to open search' in home screen. Guess you mean the same annoying think I had. Lots of settings seem on/ off randomly

Email sent to dear Nick. Let's see what happens

Well, a member of the directors office will be in touch in the next 24 hours apparently.......

No patch here yet. Been waiting for 8 days now to get my phone fixed.

I've also been  assured by Vodafone support staff that FOUR times I'll receive the patch in a certain timeframe ("wait until midnight", "within the next 12 hours") and not a single one of them has been true yet. I think service like this is particularly awful as it just makes you feel like you're being lied to.

Next up emailing the CEO

I got the 11.05 update.  It didn't work though.

I got the 11.06 and that didn't work either 

Would 11.06 not working have anything to do with "home-made" fixes.beong tried beforehand? I have no idea, just a thought

@anjst49 I reset the APN as you said and that seems to have sorted it out! Previously it was greyed out and I couldn't sleect it but this update made it available to select again.

Thank you very much! 

Hi, just to report mine was fixed with latest hi update. Had to reset APN settings which wasn't possible previously. Hope everyone else is finally sorted finally.

I got it working on the last version after resetting APN but, recently noticed a couple of glitches so, I bit the bullet and went for 11.06. .  Same for me. Once updated to 11.06  Stop the Xiaomi search for sim card thing.  Reset APN. 

Now on 11.06 and working OK.  🙄😁