Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jengoddard I'm wondering if this could be something else, other than the things you've mentioned. Does this issue only happen with conference calls, or does it still cut off on normal calls too? (i.e. one way calls)

Hi Josh, seems to do other calls to as it cut my mum off the other day!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jengoddard So we can rule out any issues with the network, please can you get back to us with your results from our troubleshooting template?

Are you still having this problem? 

I have a Pixel 3 which does exactly the same thing.

Yes, still happens every call. It's not the conference call provider as does it in all calls. Not been able to find an old handset to try swapping the sim to test if it's a network issue but if yours does it too maybe it's a handset problem 😣 Would be a shame, I've loved my pixel otherwise.

I've spent ages on the phone to Vodafone this afternoon and they refreshed my sim card but I still have the problem.  I'm going to call Google tomorrow.

I have the same problem, calls drop after 29m 50s, however, only outgoing calls seem to be affected.

I have a Sony Xperia XZ2, so the problem is probably not related to Google.

I have another Vodafone sim which I have tried in my Xperia, and that works ok, no dropped calls. So it seems to only affect certain sims. 

I also noticed that if the phone is set to 3g, then again calls are not dropped, while on 4g dropped consistantly after 29m 50s.

I'll be calling Vodafone later, and will post if they can solve the problem.

I am having the same issue with a pixel 3 and have followed advice from Vodafone so interested to hear what solution might be

I was told that my account was all okay and with no bars or restrictions but that my SIM had not refreshed in a couple of months.  I did a manual refresh and tried again nut the call drops still happen.  Vodafone advised me to contact Google which I have but still don't have a resolution.  So..  I have just done a sim swap to see if that helps.  I will report back on here with the result.