Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

I don't have a Pixel, I have a Sony Xperia XZ2, so I don't think the problem is handset related. The problem seems to be with 4g calling(Volte). If I set the phone to 3g, then my calls were not dropped, but on 4g, calls were always dropped at 29m 50s. I also had a second Vodafone contract sim which worked perfectly in the same handset. I think its probably something to do with the way the account was set up, but Vodafone either didn't understand the problem, or were not prepared to trace the fault.

That's interesting - I put my SIM in a Redmi handset and it worked fine.

I've given up with this now and switched my SIM into a handset that works.  Sadly Vodafone has been unable to help.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that customer services are not equipped to resolve these sorts of problems.. once they have gone through the standard settings of the handset and checked the account then they don't have anywhere to go after that.  I am pretty convinced that is is a compatibility problem between the Pixel handsets (maybe a few others) and settings on the network.

Anyway, it's irrelevant now since I have consolidated my work and personal handsets into a single dual SIM phone which works absolutely fine.  So much so, I can't believe that I used to carry two handsets around with me.

@Tash wrote:

Hi there @moof, as we'll need to take a look into the network connection in your area as well as the issues you're experiencing with your Sure Signal please can you get back to me with your results from our 2 troubleshooting templates: 

Natasha, thanks for you reply.  The Sure Signal is on its way back Vodafone Customer Services in a pre paid envelope (and the mobile phone box they sent for it!)  so no need to complete the above templates thankyou.

Why CS couldn't have sent a replacement one in exchange, rather than all this hoop jumping is beyond me!

we have had no reliable signal inhouse, for over a month now. 😫

*we now return readers to the OP thread about Pixel 3s and DROPPED CALLS

I have a Pixel 3 and it also drops after 29 minutes 50 seconds (sometimes at 30 minutes).  

It is a new handset (4 months old).  Called Vodafone customer service wasn't helpful.  They tried to suggest it as a handset issue - there are no settings on the phone that set a time limit on calls.

Also - this is for OUTBOUND calls only.  Please help!

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BellaMafiosa Hi there! I've had a good look around and can't see as to why this would be network related on a specific device. Other devices are able to continue outbound calls past 30 minutes, which leads me to think it could be a device default. Have you reached out to the manufacturer to see if this is a known query and whether there is a fix? 

I've already checked on this and it appears to only exist on Vodafone UK.

Moderator this is not helpful.  I have already stated that I have tried the sim in TWO different phones.  Both are Android - however the other one has had any usage or software updates in 3 months so that's not the case.  I can see that others with various types of devices are getting the same issue. What is the fix to this please?  Very frustrating - calling customer service was useless.  They promised me a new SIM TWO weeks ago and nothing has arrived.  

I have the exact same problem  - Pixel 3XL, Android 10, calls when 4G enabled consistently drop without warning at exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds.

Is there any progress on a real solution?

Nothing.  Vodafone customer service keeps claiming it's not a Vodafone issue.  We know this isn't the case if it works on 3G.  FRUSTRATING!!!