main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

SOLVED
View solved solution
KirstyD85
3: Seeker

I had someone call me to say to disable WiFi calling. Because we haven't already tried this and every other thing they suggest?! It's like going round in circles. 

View more options
BghAdam
2: Seeker

I tried today (April 2), still cuts off at 29:50. Clearly they could not be bothered to fix it, not even to give us an update. Ofcom it is.

It gives me some consolation that I just had to pick a new broadband provider and decided to give Vodafone a miss exactly because of the incompetence and lack of care they have demonstrated on this issue. If this is how they "help" with a broadband problem then that would be a nightmare.

View more options
neilhunter14
4: Newbie

Thanks for the feedback that the calls still cut off at 29m 50s. Not good to see this.

I am going to complain now too. This is utterly shambolic.  

View more options
donnydeadlight

As per the experience of others, I can also confirm as a Sony handset user (purchased through Vodafone) that I continue to experience this issue after the date you had indicated a fix would be in place. Where are Vodafone staff moderators in this dialogue? Utterly appalling and just reinforced my view that you really don't care about your customers as long as the direct debit continues....no more. Stop sending me endless crap about Vodafone rewards and give me a meaningful update on the service I pay for! I really hope the regulators take you too task on this!!! 

View more options
neilhunter14

@Tash 

Please can you advise what is going on? It is now April. You said Android customers would be sorted by end of March - this has not happened.

We are still being cut off.....

Vodafone need to reimburse us. The Contract is not being met. You seem to be happy to take our money, but then our phone calls get cut off. This is despicable. OFCOM will be notified next week after the Easter break. This shameful saga has been going on for over a year which I find just appalling.

View more options
rpickering

I can't tell you how enlightening (and relieving) it is to read this thread. My phone has been suffering with this problem on outbound calls for a long long time - since I bought it in fact – and through elimination I proved that it was an issue with Vodafone (not the handset) but they would not believe me. I tried every last pathetic 'solution' they gave me - resetting the phone, deleting all my apps, safe mode, etc etc. My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

This thread's made me realise:

1. I'm not going mad (phew). It IS a problem with the Vodafone network and not the handset.

2. That clearly a LOT of people are having their calls regularly cut off, and that no real fix has yet been offered.

I would like to make a complaint to OFCOM too because this has been hugely disruptive to my business and to my general levels of sanity! If anyone can tell me how to do that and if there's a case reference or anything...

View more options
rpickering

Quick update for all who are still experiencing problems. It's really easy to make a complaint to OFCOM.

Just go here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/mobile-faults-gu...

Scroll down to 'tell OFCOM' and click 'fill out a short survey'. It took about 5 minutes max.

View more options
BghAdam

Thanks for the link. I have submitted the Ofcom form.

View more options
KirstyD85

I have also just completed the ofcom form. 

Vodafone...any comments from you or are you still remaining radio silent on this matter? 

Not good enough at all. 

View more options
neilhunter14

I have just tried calling my home-phone and just left the two phones next to each other in a 'call', to see if the call was terminated at 29m 50s. Sure enough - it did. So, problem is NOT SOLVED, despite being told that it would all be fixed by the end of March (was it new hardware or something??)

I am now complaining to OFCOM as well.

Neil.

View more options
neilhunter14

Complaint form filled in with OFCOM - done.

Vodafone - what is going on with this topic? Why is it not fixed? Why is it happening in the first place? Please respond.

View more options
neilhunter14

Dear all,

I have spent another two hours of my life trying to get to the bottom of this wretched saga. I contacted Vodafone via the complaints link on the website. In short, got put through to Vikas who asked me to put my phone into Safe Mode, which I did, then made a call to my own landline. Sure enough, I got cut off after 29m 50s again. So that was the second half hour call of the day. He then put me through to Tech Team. He reset my account as he knew about the issue. I shared a link of this thread, and mentionned that many people were now contacting OFCOM. He certainly did something as all of my add-ons got disconnected like Spotify and International Saver Plus etc.... however, he reassures me that they will come back! Hmmm..  Let's see. I will make another 30 minute call to myself at some point to see if today has been a success. 

Looks like it has got nothing to do with handset or wifi calling and all of the other excuses we've had. 

Neil.

View more options
jgfrancis

I had this problem a year ago, and as Vodafone were unable to resolve the problem they allowed me to end my contract without penalty. I rejoined on the same plan, but with a new account and everything has worked perfectly since then. No more dropped calls. I believe the problem is to do with which part of the core system the account is hosted on. I'm not sure, but the GSM system uses a series of databases or Home Location Registers. When a new account is set up it is allocated to a specific HLR. I may be wrong, but I think this problem relates to accounts on one specific HLR (or other database) which has incompatibility issues with certain phones such as some Sony and Pixel models. When I changed my service my new account was probably set up on a different piece of kit with no such issues. I continued with the same handset with no more problems.

View more options
Tash

Hi all, I'd like to apologise for the delay in updating the thread here.

I'm also sorry to see this is still affecting Sony phones - I've requested for some further information regarding the regarding the removal of the equipment mentioned previously, including if there have been any delays with this. 

Once I have a further update, I'll post again on the thread here.

View more options
neilhunter14

I have now lost my Spotify Premium service that came bundled with my current contract. 

So, not only can I not make long calls, my bundled services have been deleted despite being told they would come back.

Getting pretty tired of this awful situation with Vodafone. Time for a change once this contract finishes.

View more options
Tash

If your subscription was cancelled from our side @neilhunter14, you should be able to opt back into Spotify Premium when texting ENTERTAINMENT to 97613. If for any reason your Spotify Premium option shows as being chargeable or you face any issues when trying to add your included entertainment pack, please drop us a message on either Facebook or Twitter and we can access your account securely to help with this. 

When reaching out to us through either social media channel, please provide your Community username and link to your post - you then won't need to write out your query again and we can help you with enjoying your Spotify Premium ASAP.

View more options
neilhunter14

@Tash  -  thank-you. I tried the TXT message Entertainment to the number but nothing happened, so I dug a little deeper. All is now fixed. I had to re-activate the account, but after logging back into my Spotify account, it all seems fine > back to Premium!! Thanks,

Neil.

View more options
Mark

That's fantastic news @neilhunter14 🎉 I'm glad to hear this has all been sorted for you. If there's anything else we can help with, you know where we are 😊

View more options
neilhunter14

@Mark  -  yes there is something. The fundamental point of this thread. My calls cut off after 29m 50s. WHY??  It is still not fixed. I spent two hours on Sunday with Vodafone Tech who assured me all will be fine - but no. I call my home phone twice today. Once with my wifi connected, and once with no wifi or 4G connected on my mobile. Both calls terminated at 29m 50s.

This is serious now. We keep getting told that all will be fine. New hardware should have been the fix at the end of March, I had a new SIM delivered before that as Customer Services thought that was the problem, and now after a long call on Sunday to Vodafone Tech, it still cuts off. This needs escalating please, to a senior level. I expect a letter now explaining what the problem is, and what is being done to stop this awful service. I expect timescales for problem resolution and a name responsible please. I am being serious.

This is utterly beyond a joke.

Neil.

View more options
neilhunter14

And just to rub salt into the wounds, becasue the Tech guy terminated and refreshed my connection/service, my contract went beserk and you have taken the princely sum of £87.40 out of my account. I want an immediate refund please.

View more options