Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely understand your frustration here @BellaMafiosa. I've done some digging and it does look like this is a device-specific issue which has been flagged to Google as something which is known to affect Pixel 3XLs. 

If your device is within warranty, we can look into sending this off to our repair team for further diagnostics, and replacing this for you if needed, and I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here to look into this further. If your device is out of warranty, I'd recommend contacting Pixel Support directly here to see if Google have any further updates on the issue.

Btw.. replacing the handset will not resolve this.  I did a warranty replacement with Google and have the same problem.

Thank you for sharing.  So what did you end up doing?  Any help from Vodafone?  

Btw did you have the battery issues from the May/June update?  I'm suddenly having to charge 3 times a day - no help from Google, other than to recommend a factory reboot :Sad_face:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone! I'll be dropping a few of you a private message shortly to request for a few details needed so I can escalate this further for you all.

If you receive this, please get back to me with the information and I'll update the thread here once I have an update from our dedicated team 👍

This only started happening end Feb/beginning of March 2020 until then I had no issue. Only solution to turn off 4G new sim made no difference. Have been told my only alternative is to send handset away for repair but I don't have a spare phone  - so many wasted hours on phone to web chat and telephone chat. Promised someone would call but they haven't 

Hi,

I got fed up with this issue at the very time that I got fed up with carrying 2 handsets around with me.. so I decided to buy a Redmi note 8 Pro.. it was only £200 and is easily as good as the Pixel 3 but has dual SIM support so I now only have one superior handset.. then I sold the Pixel on eBay for £230.  Job done 

HI Jack,

I have a Pixel 3, & it's new - only had it 4 months.  And I put the Sim in another Pixel 3 and the same issue arises.  I've never had the problem before.   And the spare phone I used hadn't been used in 3 months.  This is definitely a Vodafone issue, since I can see other nonPixel users suffering with the same problem.  Customer service said to try 3G which I did and the call doesn't drop.  However that's not a workable nor acceptable solution.  This is definitely a Vodafone issue.  I am so frustrated after trying to resolve this for almost a month with no joy.  This totally sucks Vodafone!!! :Sad_face:

This is not specific to Pixel 3XLs. I have been experiencing exactly the same issue using my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact - dropped calls after 29m 50s every time. Others in the above thread have already said they have also had the same issue on a different model. 

Yes I've read that.   It's a shame Vodafone isn't trying to help it's customers fix the real issue, whatever it is.  Instead of fobbing it off on the manufacturer, anything to absolve itself from any blame or actual resolution.  It's very frustrating.  I am definitely leaving after my contract ends. 

I'm not sure that's entirely fair as Natasha (as she posted above) has collected details from me and I believe others in the thread with a view to escalating the issue. Might have been slow to react but there is a suggestion something may be done now at least.