Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

Yes - just a few days to go. Vodafone have committed to the problem being fixed by the "end of March" - it is now the 27th....

I find this situation utterly appalling for a comms company to be cutting people off after a fixed ammount of time when on the phone. I will be making a long call tomorrow (maybe/probably only 29 minutes and 50 seconds of course), but I am going to see if things have been fixed. Why has there been no update or communication?

If this isn't resolved in days, then I will be informing OFCOM. 

I intend to do the same. The more of us do it, the likelier Vodafone is to take the matter seriously.

Is there anyone from Vodafone monitoring this thread willing to step in at this point and at least have the courtesy to update us on how this work is progressing against the current timeline? Will the work to resolve this issue be completed by the end of this month? 

Has anyone tried to make a call today to see if it is now working as promised? 

Hi,

Not for 29m 50s. This is the problem, having to make such a long call. I hope it is fixed now.

Why the Moderator or anyone from 'Technical' doesn't respond, I don't know.

Regards,

Neil.

I had someone call me to say to disable WiFi calling. Because we haven't already tried this and every other thing they suggest?! It's like going round in circles. 

I tried today (April 2), still cuts off at 29:50. Clearly they could not be bothered to fix it, not even to give us an update. Ofcom it is.

It gives me some consolation that I just had to pick a new broadband provider and decided to give Vodafone a miss exactly because of the incompetence and lack of care they have demonstrated on this issue. If this is how they "help" with a broadband problem then that would be a nightmare.

Thanks for the feedback that the calls still cut off at 29m 50s. Not good to see this.

I am going to complain now too. This is utterly shambolic.  

As per the experience of others, I can also confirm as a Sony handset user (purchased through Vodafone) that I continue to experience this issue after the date you had indicated a fix would be in place. Where are Vodafone staff moderators in this dialogue? Utterly appalling and just reinforced my view that you really don't care about your customers as long as the direct debit continues....no more. Stop sending me endless crap about Vodafone rewards and give me a meaningful update on the service I pay for! I really hope the regulators take you too task on this!!! 

@Tash 

Please can you advise what is going on? It is now April. You said Android customers would be sorted by end of March - this has not happened.

We are still being cut off.....

Vodafone need to reimburse us. The Contract is not being met. You seem to be happy to take our money, but then our phone calls get cut off. This is despicable. OFCOM will be notified next week after the Easter break. This shameful saga has been going on for over a year which I find just appalling.