Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

My Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141) still has the issue, I think since I've had the phone (~3 years).

I don't use wifi calling and it is turned off.

Any call I make out cuts off at 29 min 50 s.

This did not happen on my previous Sony phone.

I think it is only the later Sony phones that have the Google Dialler that have the problem. The earlier ones had a different Dialler.

Further to my previous post, I tried disabling Wi-Fi calling on the phone and the problem was still there, the call dropped at 29 minutes 50 seconds.

I then switched to 3g(preferred) and I could call for more than 29 minutes 50 seconds.

This is not a solution because the quality is not as good on 3g and when the 3g signal gets switched off my phone will be a brick. The phone was bought from Vodafone.

How do I move this forward?. I tried the online help and after over an hour I was no further forward. Not their fault but they were not in a position to do anything useful other than quoting from a script.

After many times trying with the call center after 3 days they manage nothing except to mess up the contract and were enable to put me back on my original contract. 

Talking to people on Vodafone they have noticed this same problem ( cut off at 29mns50).

I have changed operator. 

Certainly on the Vodafone network, Wi-Fi calling and 4G calling are bundled as one feature; you can’t have one without the other. Disabling Wi-Fi calling on the handset will not resolve the issue. The problem lies with 4G calling which is why switching the handset to 3G prevents calls dropping at 29 minutes 50 seconds. The better work around would be to disable Wi-Fi calling/4G calling at the network level. You can either do this yourself within your online account or alternatively ask a Vodafone agent to disable it.

Yes @jophy, switching networks may be the best solution.

Thanks for the information @PayPro but switching off 4G calling is not a solution. I get a very strong 4G signal where I live and I paid more for an Extra plan to get 4G and Wi-Fi calling, plus at some time in the not to distant future the 3G signal will be switched off and some of us will be left with bricks if we can't make calls of more than 29 minutes 50 seconds.

Hi All

Moderators/VF staff where are you?  No update. No solution. No presence whatsoever. Utterly disgraceful from a communications company. The people in this thread (including me) pay for our subscriptions. Why 2YEARS LATER ARE WE STILL WAITING FOR A FIX TO THIS ISSUE?  Are you just waiting till all our contracts run out and this issue quietly disappears...? WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!!!! 

Hello @donnydeadlight @Sony1 - I'm sorry that no-one's been in touch recently on the thread about this and I can understand your frustration. 

This is being looked into and investigated - at the moment we don't have an update to provide but please be assured we're working hard to get a fix in place to stop this from happening. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all! Thank you for your ongoing patience with us - We are still investigating this issue. The team have requested some up to date examples, so if you are still experiencing the drops in calls please can you message us on social media with the below information?

• Phone number in use
  • Model of device
  • Software version/build number in use
  • Where the device was purchased from

If you do not have Facebook or Twitter, a Twitter account can be created and then deleted easily and steps to do so can be found here. We will get back to you on there and we'll keep this thread updated as we hear back from the team.

@Evie, I did DM the information on Facebook but I can't link my post on there. I am receiving help on Facebook but not sure if the information that you are collating is getting to the team so here it is and hopefully it can be passed on to the correct place.

Sony XZ1 Compact 

Android 8.0.0 / 47. 1. A. 12. 270

Phone bought direct from Vodafone

I can PM my number if necessary but I did DM it on the long thread I have on Facebook.