Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

It also does the basic job of making a call longer than 30mins. Damn I hate to embarass people but 2 years???? And my little Xiaomi is pumping more data down than the best fibre can do? But its faulty 😀

Wow that picture showing the details speaks for itself and just clarifies even more that it's not a phone thing, it's a Vodafone network thing.

I have definitely used the 3 network checker and where the OH's parents live they don't even have 2g or 3g signal let alone 4g or 5g unfortunately.

I am thinking if this goes on much longer then I might just have to leave too. The workaround is just super annoying to do. 

@Effie Have there been any updates on this at all yet please? 

Thanks

Hi @KayleighH I hope you are well. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was away from work. The team are still collecting case examples and looking into this. We are monitoring it closely and as soon as we have an update, we will let you know. 

Wow, I think this must be the longest thread I have ever read. My head hurts.

I've got a Poco X4 Pro 5g (Xiaomi), Android 11, Xiaomi version 13.0.9, that I bought in May 2022 and I am also affected by this problem. My phone always cuts out after half an hour of talking to my mum but some might argue that that's an unexpected benefit lol.

So if I'm reading all this right...

a) it's a Vodafone issue that only affect certain handsets.

b) there is a workaround in the form of disabling wi-fi/4G calling.

c) manufacturers (even though it's not their fault) have it in their gift to patch their devices to fix the issue. Oppo seem to have done precisely this.

d) Vodafone are Muppets.

The mood music for a Xiaomi fix isn't sounding good though. Does anyone have any further info on whether they're going to do anything about it? 

Hey @alexvanwijk 

I also have the Poco X4 Pro 5g and unfortunately there is no signs of a fix at the moment. I have been in contact with Xiaomi and unfortunately all they want me to do is return my phone for them to "repair" which I have not done as I know there is nothing to repair.

I did ask Vodafone at one stage to turn off my 4g and WiFi calling which did indeed solve the problem, but I was not happy with this workaround knowing that Vodafone plan to turn off the 3g network in 2023. 

So at the moment, other than changing network, there isn't much that can be done and Vodafone have said they are still looking in to the issue. 

@Effie any updates on this issue? My mum and I STILL have the 29 min 50 sec cut off and it has been years. Your social media team are no help, say it's a handset issue which is untrue. 2 different Sony handsets, xa2 and XZ1 compact. And judging by the number of people commenting here with different brands and models that's not really a valid excuse now is it? 

Weirdly on the 8th of September I made a call that went over 30 minutes, so thought it was fixed! But the next day it went back to its usual cut off time. So what changed there? 

What's Vodafone trying now and when can we expect a fix? 

Hi @Highlandfairy I hope you're doing well. I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must be. There is no update at this time as the team investigating have stated that it is not impacting all users and are therefore still collating case examples. We don't know when this will be resolved but as soon as we have an update, we will let this thread know. 

For now, the advice remains the same; please message the Social Media team here with the following details:

• Phone number in use
  • Make and model of device
  • Software version/build number in use
  • Where the device was purchased from

@Effie I have already done that via social and was told the problem is with the handsets and there's nothing you can do. I'm not wasting my time explaining the entire story to a different person on social only to get that response again! 

We are aware that this information has been given and we have now issued a communication to the Social Media team to advise them on what information they need from customers accounts and how to raise these cases @Highlandfairy If you would rather not go back to the team I can certainly appreciate that. However, the team investigating the issue have said that they need examples of the problem in order to resolve it. 

If you do decide to go back to the Social Media team, please do link them to this thread. 

How can you have "examples of the problem" other than 3 years worth of complaints that calls get cut off after 29m 50s.