main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

SOLVED
View solved solution
rangor_gubbins
4: Newbie

I've sent the details in via facebook messenger.

View more options
MarkD

That's great, thanks @rangor_gubbins. We'll be able to get the details from you which will help with the investigation 🙂

View more options
Skodaboy66
3: Seeker

I tried putting those details into the phone's dialler, but when I phone, it just says 'invalid number'. Could you please explain ( in detail!) how we 'enter this into the dialler'?

View more options
Skodaboy66

I've tried that. Doesn't work, just says invalid number. More detailed explanation, please!

View more options
Skodaboy66

I did open the 'Phone' app in settings, and it says version 19.0. That app contains the dialler, so im assuming it's what you need?

View more options
neilhunter14

I tried the #*#7378429#*#* and it doesn't work. I even tried removing the last asterisk as I thought that might be a typo. No luck. Why are we giving our phone's details and Firmware info. Surely you know this already?

Neil

View more options
jgfrancis
2: Seeker

I had this problem over a year ago, and as Vodafone were unable to resolve it I was released from my contract without penalty. I then bought a new Vodafone contract, sim only, with my existing handset, with no further problems. This is not a handset issue, its to do with the account configuration. 

View more options
neilhunter14

Indeed. We have been waiting for Vodafone tsort out THEIR issues for over 18 months. It's beyond a joke now.

View more options
MarkD

@neilhunter14@Skodaboy66, thanks for your patience. We've just checked this with our team, it looks like there was a * missing in front of the code. Can you try entering *#*#7378429#*#*. Let us know how you get on with that one please. 

View more options
neilhunter14

*#*#7378429#*#*   does not work either. With the extra asterisk, as soon as you press the last one, my phone just wipes the number from the screen, preventing a call being made.

View more options
Skodaboy66

Thats too many digits for the dialler. Still says invalid number  anyway.

View more options
MarkD

Thanks for trying the code. We'll feed this back and we'll let you know as soon as we get an update. 

View more options
PayPro
2: Seeker

The correct code is *#*#7378423#*#*.  The numbers actually spell SERVICE on the keypad.

View more options
neilhunter14

I just get "server error" when dialling that number.

View more options
Skodaboy66

I just get : 'Call Ended' as soon as I dial that number.

View more options
Evie

Thank you for letting us know - I'll feed this back directly to the back office team and as soon as we have any update we'll let you know. Thank you for your ongoing patience with us, we understand that this is important to resolve.

View more options
neilhunter14

Dear Moderators, Vodafone.

@Evie @Tash @Mark @Vodafone #Vodafone

This topic has still not been solved which I simply find staggering.

Yet again, I used my mobile to call my home phone for a test, and as always, the call terminated at 29mins 50sec.

What on earth is going on? I fear that absolutely NOTHING is being done despite months of promises. I cannot believe anyone is working on this. If they are please can you forward me their contact details?

I will be leaving Vodafone when my contract ends after over 20 years of loyalty.

This is a disgraceful and shambolic way to treat your customers. I've been patient and waited nearly two years with this "technical issue". Very sad.

Neil.

View more options
rangor_gubbins

Same here.

View more options
MarkD

We genuinely appreciate your patience with the ongoing query, our teams are working and looking into this. As soon as there's an update, we'll let you know. 

View more options