main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

SOLVED
View solved solution
Skodaboy66
3: Seeker

Hi Tash. I've tried using the Facebook link to contact you, and it just takes me to a facebook messenger page, with nothing about Vodafone. I don't use twitter, but do have a Facebook account  I don't use Facebook messenger, though. Can you provide an email address, or another way to contact you, and I can supply the details you've requested? My phone is on the latest software. Build: 47.2.A.11.228. Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Please advise, as I cannot provide my name and phone number on a public forum. (As for live chat, they have no idea. They've even told me this is not an official Vodafone forum! I've wasted a good 10 hours on there already). Thanks for replying, though. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

View more options
neilhunter14
4: Newbie

@Tash  I have sent a DM via the Facebook page with my Name, mobile and a link to this thread.

As my phone has been starting to slow-down and behave a bit oddly over the last few months, I've decided to do a full Android OS reinstallation this weekend to get it back like it was when new.

Regards,

Neil.

View more options
neilhunter14

@Skodaboy66  Open Facebook Messenger, and in the Search box, look for Vodafone UK. Select it. You'll get a couple of automated greetings, and if you look at the bottom, a selection to choose from of what the message is about -> scroll to the right hand side where you'll see "Asked to DM". Enter a brief message, Name, Mobile number, and copy a link from this thread to the message too, so it can all be referenced. I also added @Tash as well. 

Regards,

Neil.

View more options
Skodaboy66

Hi Neil. Thanks so much for your help with this. I'm hopeless with tech! I have used your instructions to send a message of FB messenger, with the details Tash wanted. I mentioned the 4g 29:50 issue, and put my forum username on there, and a link, too. Let's hope they can finally sort this out for us. Thanks again. Kind regards, Dave. 

View more options
Skodaboy66

Hi Tash. Neil (@neilhunter14) very kindly told me how to message you via FB messenger, which I've now done. I've included all the details you requested, and I've also put in my username, and said the message was for @Tash. Thanks for helping with this. After well over a year of frustration, I feel like this might actually get resolved now. Fingers crossed! Kind regards, Dave.

View more options
Tash

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to give a quick update and a big thank you to those that have reached out to me on Twitter and Facebook with the requested details 😊 

I'd also like to reassure @Stevenjfaulkner @Skodaboy66 @neilhunter14 that I've received your details from my colleagues and these were passed to our dedicated team by myself between 19 June - 21 June.

I'm continuing to chase for updates on their investigations and I'll let you all know once I have any updates 👍Leave it with me and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again for your cooperation and patience during this time!

View more options
Skodaboy66

Hi Tash. Thanks. The response I had on messenger sounded more like an 'if' as opposed to a 'when', regarding this issue, but fingers crossed they will finally be able to sort it out this time. I'll check back here for updates. Kind regards, Dave.

View more options
Highlandfairy
2: Seeker

I have the problem of calls dropping after 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I have had this issue for more than 2 years, though there was a period of a few months in between where it stopped.... And then it came back. My mum's phone has now got the same issue, hers having started about 4 months ago. 

I have a Sony XA2, my mum a Sony XZ2 compact. Software is up to date. 

We need this fixed, it makes it impossible to call call centres as sometimes I am cut off whilst on hold, before I've even got through. It is not acceptable. 

View more options
Skodaboy66

Hi. Like all others on this forum, I've had the same issue, for well over a year now. Many others do, too, I suspect, but they don't even know it, as they never make calls over half an hour. A workaround for this issue is to open the 'My Vodafone' App, select 'Manage Bars and Extras', then under 'Calling Options', disable the 'Wifi & 4g calling' tab. This is what I've done. It will leave your phone on 4g until you make a phone call, then it will switch to 3g (possibly displayed as 'H' or 'H+' on your Sony) for the call. Using this workaround, I can make calls of any duration (via 3g). Only 4g calls are disconnected at 29:50. I hope this helps, but please be aware, this is NOT a solution, just a way to make longer calls while we wait for Vodafone to sort this issue out. (Please don't 'hold your breath', though, I suspect, they'll never resolve the 4g calling issue, they've been promising 'fixes' for at least a year). If you're on Facebook, or Twitter, please post about this problem, and ask people to test their own Vodafone handsets, by phoning their home phones with 4g calling enabled. Thanks. Kind regards, Dave.

View more options
neilhunter14

@Tash

Is there any update please?

I'm going to try a call now to my own landline to see if anything has been fixed for me.

Neil

View more options
neilhunter14

Yep....and as I guessed, no change. Call bombed out at 29m 50s as usual

View more options
Mark

I've contacted Tash and she's still looking into this for you @neilhunter14. We're still awaiting a further update. If we've not heard anything by the end of the day, we'll reach out to them again.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we complete our investigation into this.

View more options
rangor_gubbins

hi,

I have a sony xperia XZ premium, and for around the last 12 months my phone has been cutting out at 29 minutes and 50 seconds. It's getting really annoying. I thought it was something wrong with my phone but reading the number of forum posts I see that is a widespread issue.

What on earth is vodafone doing not getting this issue sorted?

Turning 4G calling off is not a solution. Sometimes people need to make phonecalls and use the phones 4G connection.

View more options
Skodaboy66

Any updates? Another few weeks have gone by  and still no resolution in sight. I've had this for nearly 2 years now :Sad_face:

View more options
Evie

Hi all! We are continuing to chase this up and working on seeking a resolution. We appreciate that the time this is taking isn't ideal at all, we'll keep you updated.

@rangor_gubbins If you are experiencing issues on the latest software, please drop us a message on Social Media so we can take the following details from you securely:

- Your name and mobile number

- Model of your phone

- The software version/build number in use

- Where the phone was purchased from

- The link to your post/the thread (you then won't need to repeat your query)

View more options
neilhunter14

Hi all,

I've just tried my mobile again (called my home phone, and just left them sitting there talking to each other!!), and yet again, the call cuts-off at 29m 50s as usual.

Still so solution despite being told on 1st February that the root-cause had been found and new hardware was being installed. Clearly this was false.

I would like to know how do we complain within the higher ranks at Vodafone? There seems to be absolutely no way to make a complaint. No-one cares.

Neil.

View more options
donnydeadlight

I've given up expecting any kind of solution at this point. Have wasted countless hours, been given so much conflicting information and still no end in sight. Comments like 'we're chasing' and 'seeking a resolution' are just insulting at this point whilst Vodafone continues to take our money, and even increase the price of plans. Utterly disgusting. Someone should take this viral. Might actually get to understand the true scale of the issue. 

View more options
MarkD

Good morning everyone, 

Our team are still looking into this and we appreciate your patience. 

@Stevenjfaulkner @Skodaboy66 @neilhunter14, to help with the investigation can you enter #*#7378429#*#* into the dialler app to get the full software build and send us a screenshot over on the Facebook or Twitter thread please? 

View more options
rangor_gubbins

hi Evie and the other moderators,

I don't really use social media. Can i provide my details using another secure method?

P.s. my phone is still cutting out all phonecalls at exactly 29 min and 50 seconds.

View more options
MarkD

Hi @rangor_gubbins, thanks for getting back to us to us. Do you have access to a Twitter or Facebook account that you could send a message on? This doesn't need to be in your name. If not, we do have a Live Chat option in the link sent over by @Evie 🙂

View more options