Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rich Communications Suite - Samsung Galaxy S5

JanPW
2: Seeker

Hi,

I installed the latest update for the Galaxy S5, and have a problem with the messages app. I now constantly crashes!

I wrote a post on here before, but it has been deleted. I would have at least expected a message about my questions in there on how to resolve this? and what vodafone is doing about it?

Thanks

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everybody

As you may have noticed, we have merged a number of threads surrounding RCS together into one thread per device. This has been done so all the conversations can be done in one place rather than in several different threads. This means we are making sure that we can monitor the posts easier and when we respond we are doing so to everybody on the one device.

Please note that this thread is for discussion for RCS on the Samsung Galaxy S5 device only. If you wish to discuss the matter on another device please go to the relevant thread. If there are posts about different devices made on here, then the moderators will move them to the proper threads.

Thank you.

View solution in original position

74 REPLIES 74

zaahidkhan
4: Newbie
Yes there was a thread regarding this yesterday. Bit weird how its gone missing.....i smell trouble....

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Normally a thread is removed if there has been a breach of the house rules.

I think the update may include the new vodafone message+ (or the equivalent of it) but I am not certain, and dont know what else it may contain.

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

There’s an OTA (over the air setting) update for this phone, see here for any firmware updates

63johnw is correct, there's been a thread removed as the member was in breach of the house rules. All non-offending posts have been merged into this thread.

Cheers,

Laura

JanPW

AP: G900FXXU1ANH4

CP is G900FXXU1ANG8

CSC: G900FVFR1ANH3

KD

Hi all,

Thanks for confirming those details.

I've checked with our Product Assurace team and they've confirmed that it was due for release but had to be withdrawn. A new version will be released shortly.

The update does include RCS but this can be disabled if you'd prefer not to use it.

If you've updated the software and are now experiencing issues, we can fix this for you if you send your phone for repair.

While the update includes Vodafone customisation, it's a Samsung maintenance release that they push out, including their own changes. When the new version is ready you'll get a prompt to install it which will include a breakdown of the key changes included.

Thanks

K

JanPW

Hi K,

thanks for your response.

What does "will be released shortly" mean? I.e. is it worth sending the phone in for repair, or would it be quicker to wait for the update? What are the plans?

Thansk

Jan

steveo67
12: Established
12: Established

KD,

I note on the link page that you can delete the Messenger+ App ... Thats good, not quite as good as installing only the apps you want but well done

Shortly is the MOST incorrectly used word by VF

thesoupdragon

@steveo67 wrote:

KD,

I note on the link page that you can delete the Messenger+ App ... 

Just to clarify, you cannot delete the RCS App that is installed in the maintenance release (update). This version can only be disabled.

If you download the Vodafone Message+ app (RCS)  from the Play Store, you can uninstall that!

I have asked for that to be clarified in the FAQ's. :smileywink:

So .... Am I best to download from the play store get it installed on the phone then I can delete after the VF update ?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jan,

We don't have any timescales regarding the release of firmware. As testing and changes by Vodafone and Samsung can delay the release, it's best we don't let customers down by just guessing dates.

You can find further details in our Firmware FAQ's.

Many thanks, 

Ben