main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

SOLVED
View solved solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View more options
77 REPLIES 77

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi I have the similar issue with my Samsung note 9. I recieved the nuc code but did not solve my problem and asking the network Sim puk code. Can you help me about this issue, pls. 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for getting in touch @Sibumi, I'll be happy to escalate this to our NUC team so they can investigate further. So I can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I have exactly the same problem as described here, S7 and getting "SIM network pin blocked, Enter SIM network PUK" I have been on the chat with Vodafone 4 times and still does not work. I insert SIM to other phones and they work. This is 100% a Vodafone problem. Please assist. I can give you reference numbers for the 4 chat transcripts.

View more options

@larsfole I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem with your Samsung Galaxy S7.

So I can help get this sorted, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I’ve sent to you.

View more options
1: Seeker

i am sorry to hear that you are having issue with Samsung.This is for the  first time I am hearing this issue.Try contcting the service station. They might replace your phone or just repair it.

View more options

I also am going through this same problem and no unlock codes seem to be working and it's driving me mad, please can the moderator help?

View more options

Hey @Nathanpfc, it's disappointing to hear you're having problems getting your phone unlocked too. So I can escalate this to our NUC team, for them to take a look into; I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

I've also been having this problem. I got sent the NUC code and entered that now its just coming up with sim blocked enter PUK code.

View more options
4: Newbie

What has been the outcome to your situation ,,I am going through the same problem, same error messages .Just like your problem... phil

View more options

no outcome yet, Vodafone contacted me Monday but has not gotten back to me yet, will keep you posted

View more options

They have sent me a four digit code via txt ,the txt reads ,this is your one time code ,,,, it doesn't tell me anything regarding if it works once or if you should use it with the original unlocking code they sent me.. 

View more options

@Helby1981 – We can check the code. I’ve sent you a private message 

@Philip11 - The four-digit code you’ve received, sounds like it’s a security PIN. Please reply to the last email we've sent, including the PIN. We can then access your account.

@larsfole – We’ve got your email reply from yesterday and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

View more options

No private messages in my private message box ?

View more options
17: Community Champion

It doesn't look as though you've been sent a PM.   I think what the team are looking for is a reply to their last email (ie in your email, not forum, inbox).   If you haven't got it, I'm sure it can be re-sent - just drop a note here.

View more options

has anyone managed to get this to work yet?

View more options

Try getting a MCK code, it sort of unfreezes the other code, you enter the mck code then the puk code and bingo it worked for me, I got mine from a bloke at a market still but I imagine you can get it from Vodafone 

View more options

Yes, or so I think so , I'm getting emails from Vodafone asking me the same  old #####  .Can you tell me this can you tell me that regarding  your emei , can you given the last unlocking code we sent you ,, honestly  it's a complete and utter farse , Vodafone  wouldn't know there are from there elbow  , this has been going on for so long ,  all I want is to unlock my phone  ,,aghhhhhh

View more options

I can confirm I have exactly the same experience, last idea is to contact Samsung, will keep you all posted

View more options