Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy ZFold3 screen failure

Jamesp1721
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So. I bought a new fold 3 in November last year and a flip for my wife. We also have a galaxy tab s7 and home broadband all through Vodafone. 

Last week I closed the main folding screen on my fold and when I reopened it, it crunched and an air bubble appeared down the centre if the screen. I contacted Vodafone customer service (which I must say the automated system is a total nightmare and just kept sending me a text to go online! All I wanted was to speak to a human being) and when I finally got through I booked a collection to have the phone returned and sorted out. 

This morning I received an email claiming my phone was out of warranty. Strange as they come with a year warranty and the phone is only 3 months old. Contacted the repair centre only to be informed the LCD main folding screen is not covered. The person who I spoke to was particularly rude and condescending. I got transfered to another department who were more helpful but only to be told the same! How can a screen fail on a 3 month old device that had been kept in a genuine Samsung case (sent for free by Samsung as a promotional deal) and never dropped or abused (its an expensive device and I'm aware they aren't as tough as your average phone). I'm gobsmacked! Several forums I have been on report the same failure. Including an EE customer who had their phone replaced without question....

Vodafone have now told me I Nedd to go through Samsung. I didn't buy the device from Samsung so why are Vodafone trying to shirk responsibility for what is clearly a warranted issue on a handset they sold. Any help would be gratefully received. Already contacted trading standards.

Cheers

James

22 REPLIES 22

Further to my last they didnt say what was wrong with the phone just the damage wasnt covered under warranty 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maxella9843 If you follow the instructions here, you'll be advised of how to contact our Social Media team so we can look into this further with you 🙂

I have sent my phone back to Samsung , I dont have social media and was hoping for a customer service link