Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

Jcrouchrr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Same problem here.  Tried calling Vodafone and they said go to a shop.  Went to a shop and they said back the phone up and do a factory reset.  Not keen on deleting everything!  

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you've tried everything else, a factory reset is the next step.   I agree that it's also a bit of a last resort, but Google's retore options are a lot better than they used to be.

The first thing it to make sure that all your online data (emails, calendar etc) are synchronised.   Then back up any content (photos, music etc).   An SD card is the easiest way to do this if you're not using one already.   Remove the card before you reset as the process sometimes formats them.

Check that the deevice itself is fully backed up.   Backups are viewable in Google Drive and you can see the date.   Recent versions of Android have a Backup Now option in Backup & Restore in the main settings menu.

When you sign in again, choose Restore from the same device and all your apps and quite a lot of your settings will come back automatically.   You'll probably lose data from 3rd party apps, though you can see which ones back up to Google within the backup itself and some may also have their own export or online backup options.

You'll still have to set up your homescreens again and screenshots before you start can help here (remember to back those up too!).  It's also worth checking that any apps (eg news) you told not to use mobile data still don't and that Google Play doesn't update over mobile data unless you're happy with that.

Did all of that and still can't do the update

It strikes me that if a number of phones have the exact same issue, then it's not so much the phone at fault but a system error in the download itself? 

I'm not keen on going through a full reset only to have the same issue.

Can Admins raise with Vodafone to raise with Android, otherwise this model of phone will always be out of step with the latest updates.

I totally agree with the comments made by GazHo. I also am not prepared to make any adjustments to my phone.Hopefully someone in authority on this forum,can relay the problems to Vodafone about this update.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, I've fed this back to the relevant department.

If I get any updates or they need any more information I'll let you know on the thread here.

Thank you so much Natasha.That is so much appreciated.

Peter

I'm having the same update problem. Has a solution been found yet? 

I am having private messages from Admin so they are working on it and presumably will post when they have sorted it. 

I am also dealing with the admin team via private messages.I have just sent the IMEI to them in letter format,rather than a screenshot image or in number format.

Peter