Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

Dear Admins - please could you contact me too? I am having exactly the same problem (same 90.51MB download, same fail at 25%) Best regards, Luke

The latest update from my end. The admin team sent me a private message a couple of weeks ago,in hope that the problem had now been resolved.After following their instructions, I am sorry to say the situation was still the same. I sent the following reply back to the admin team QUOTE " Thank you once again for your message. I am sorry to say,there is no change. The same details as before keep appearing i.e. Verification problem,,,Size of update and the % completed etc. Regards Peter END QUOTE. This reply back was sent on the 4th August 2020.Still waiting to hear back from them.

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

Thank you so much GazHo for your recent post. I can now also confirm that the update has gone through,without any trouble.Yes,it took about 10 mins.What a relief to see the % figure go higher and higher 🙂 . Thank you also if you have contributed your comments and suggestions to this thread.

The update reappeared on my phone this morning and failed at 25% again 😢

I have just tried to download the update again and have the same failure.

Mine's failed too.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jcrouchrr @Case @phil94thomson94 Hi, I'm sorry to hear the recent update hasn't worked for you all! Is this still the case after restarting your phone and completing a manual roam?

(To do the manual roam, please connect to a non-Vodafone network and allow this to fail, before switching back to us again - you can find the settings to do this in our Device Guides when searching 'Select network').

Still fails.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@phil94thomson94 What phone software version are you currently running?