Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

I think it's the same update, and it never worked, but appeared to go away as I wasn't reminded constantly, but this week it started again. The same problem, file size, and failure point.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,  I'm sorry to see this is happening again for you. I've raised this to our dedicated team again - once we have any updates, we'll post them on the thread here.

• Hi Tash. I was one of the original posters on this thread. I too thought it was resolved but have started getting the same error. My wife is also getting the same error on her phone as well. Same as before, appears to download but install fails at 25%.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for updating us @GazHo 👍 As @tash advised, we're looking into this and will provide an update here as soon as we have one.

In the meantime, if you could let us know what happens when the installation fails, this will help. Do you receive an error message? If so, what?

The android "robot" is on its side, the word "error" appears on screen, and the progress bar says 25%. Hope this helps.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, I've received an update which confirms this should now be resolved. Are you able to test the update for me again please and let us know how you get on?

No change! Gets to 25% and then the error message.  When the phone then restarts there is a message "dm-verity error Android system is corrupted" 

Hi Tash. Thanks for your help as always, but no, did not work, failed again at 25 per cent.

Back at Software Update in Settings it says Verification Error. It has always said this but not sure anyone has mentioned previously, so hope this helps. Keep trying!

Cheers, Gary.

Hi Tash. I can also confirm that I am still getting the error message at 25%. I did not see the message "dm-verity error Android system is corrupted"  but yes in Settings/ Software update it still states Couldn't update Verification problem for the Update size of 94.69MB. I hope this helps. Thank you Peter

Hi Tash

like everybody else I'm still having the same fail problem. Failing at 25% with error message. Verification fail.