Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart N10 VFD630

Peterpoos
4: Newbie

I have been receiving a notification,stating " Couldn't install system update " Tap to learn more.The next screen states " Couldn't update. Verification problem. Good news ! There is an important software update available.Please install for enhanced security. Update size : 90.51 MB  Try again. Once the download has completed,the above message appears again along with the Restart now message.Upon hitting Restart now,the install gets to 25:% then a error! message appears. The same messages and outcome keeps repeating.

Any help in resolving this problem,would very much be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just tried to update again ... and it worked. Same on my wife's phone. It was a bit slow and took ten minutes to do but all good. I know Admins have been working behind the scenes and it seems they've done the trick. Thanks to all concerned.

View solution in original position

71 REPLIES 71

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to see you're still unable to update your phones. If you can pop us an image/screenshot of your handset with the error message, this will help us provide a full update to the team helping us with this.

• Hi. See attached. Screenshot_20210120-183208.png

Screenshot_20210120-183226.png

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks @Jcrouchrr - I've passed these over to the team investigating.

I'll continue to keep you all updated here 👍

I have just checked the error message on my phone and it states the Update size is 94.69 MB !

can confirm the update size is 94.69. Jcouchrr has sent a screen shot from last years download problem.

Well that's the one my phone is trying to install!  Screenshot taken just before I posted them.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all! We're still investigating this with back office and we'll keep you updated on this thread.

Tash has sent a few private messages to those who we requested some details from to help us with resolving this, so rest assured we're still working hard on a fix. Thank you for your ongoing patience with us 😊

Thank you so much Evie for the update. From my point of view, it's fine. It's not as if we cannot use our mobile phones. I am hoping that the experience learnt from the last two problem updates will be beneficial for future updates.

Things have gone very quite regarding this thread and this update. I am still receiving a notification about couldn't update. Any updated news on this ongoing situation  would be most appreciated.

Agreed, an update is required. I tried to install the latest version recently but still got exactly the same error message.