Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi Calling Samsung Galaxy A21s

thombe
4: Newbie

So once again Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling is an issue.

Even though I have had phones which work on any other network with Wi-Fi calling in the past, like Nokia Lumia 950, the Samsung Galaxy A21s doesn't seem to work on vodafone. There is no option displayed in the settings even though the account has wifi calling enabled. This is the same fight I have had with Vodafone over several years.
Has anyone managed to get Wi-Fi Calling enabled on their Samsung Galaxy A21s

I am aware its not on their (slow to update) compatibility list, but surely in 2020 they would make sure any new phones that are capable are able to use the very common feature. Especially important that their network doesn't stretch to some parts of suffolk. Why is this such a battle with vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I've just got and fitted an EE sim card and, low and behold, IT WORKS! Thank you very much for your advice, I am now leaving vodafone.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

thombe
4: Newbie

Can anyone help ? 

Andy

Hi @thombe 👋 I completely understand your frustration with this, we are constantly adding more models of phones to the list of compatible WiFi calling devices with our network, currently this device is not officially compatible so we can`t guarantee this will work. Even with this being the case I would advise dropping us a message by social media here so we can double check everything is 100% setup on your account correctly as some devices can still work.

Thanks Andy for coming back to me... thats good of you... but i've already been through the route of account being setup correctly.  The issue is, as i'm sure you are aware, nothing to do with wifi calling being enabled on the account, but with the fact that the phone model is not enabled on the vodafone network. That is the issue, not my account. I was rather hoping someone here had found a way to get it to work, or indeed someone to say when it is likely to be added.  Especially considering the suresignals are being phased out... 

I will certainly pass on your feedback @thombe as like you say with the Sure Signal situation people will be relying on WiFi calling more now. Make sure you also keep up with any handset updates as having the latest software updates will help when we are able to offer WiFi calling on your device.

Having the exact same issue, and have been passed from person to person in Vodafone over the last 2 weeks. Our Suresignal (2nd one we've had) failed a couple of weeks ago, and these are now irreplaceable, despite the fact that Vodafone know the fault that causes them to fail. 

Anyway, it makes no difference what Vodafone support say, the option to enable WiFi calling simply does not appear on the menu of the A21s, whichever route you go through, and it is enabled on my account. I would rather they were just honest and said they dont support the A21s so it wont work, rather than keep promising it should work and all i have to do is turn it on !!! 

Hi all! As far as I'm aware the option should be available within your phones and this shouldn't be affected by the device being a Vodafone product. Have you contacted Samsung customer support at all? Please click here for Samsung troubleshooting with Wi-Fi Calling. Please let us know if this helps 🙂

Incorrect. The network (Vodafone) has to allow the device model to use the feature on their network.  

Please understand before posting incorrect  replies. I left Vodafone over this issue after years of loyalty. 

Please don't give false hope. It doesn't help I'm afraid. 

Vodafone have a list of approved devices on their website. If it's not on there you will never get WiFi calling. Very easy way to prove it. Put an EE sim in and see the option appear. Sorry. Anyway. Good luck. 

That's very interesting, the same thing is happening to me, Vodaphone tell me that the phone can't make Wifi calls but the supplier (John Lewis) says it can if the network recognises it. Do you think that if I get an EE sim only deal the new sim card will allow this function?

Yup. 100%. When I had this problem, that's exactly what I ended up doing. If you aren't sure just try an EE pay as you go sim. But honestly this is simply an issue with Vodafone not allowing the feature on that phone on their network.  There is no other solution to this from Vodafone. That is until Vodafone approves your phone.