cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wi-fi calling: continuous notifications it's available - how to stop it?

cdl
4: Newbie

I have an unlocked Huawei P20 Pro, dual sim (CLT-L29). Wi-fi calling works with Vodafone, EE and Three, but Vodafone is the only network which causes constant notifications to pop-up on my phone, to let me know that wi-fi calling is available. I could maybe understand that a notification appears the first time I connect to a wi-fi network (even though no such notification appears with the other 2 mobile operators), but why I sometimes get 3 notifications in 5 minutes, when I am 2 metres from the wi-fi router and with a perfect wi-fi signal, is beyond me.

Does this happen to other people? Is it a Vodafone thing? Is it the combination of Vodafone + P20 Pro? Is there a way to stop it?

I limited it this way:

setting -> apps -> more -> show system processes -> phone -> notifications -> wi-fi calling and disable all the options (display in status bar, etc.)

but some notifications still filter through.

Thanks!

108 REPLIES 108

The NCleaner app does the job after a bit of fiddling

Sorry vodafone but your lack of customer service on this means I'm never coming back. The issue is with mainstream phones on an important feature. I don't see what this isn't being sorted and nothing from a moderator for a while either.

Back to EE it is. Didn't have this issue or the appalling interface that is the my Vodafone app with them.

@Jfyoung wrote:

The NCleaner app does the job after a bit of fiddling

Thanks! For anybody else watching you need the premium version at £1.79 if you want it to happen automatically after reboots, easily done and dusted in a few minutes.

Edit: I stand corrected, it appears unable to automatically remove the notification after reboot. But you can at least do it manually.

Back to EE it is. Didn't have this issue or the appalling interface that is the my Vodafone app with them.

An hour and a half after writing that complaint I was at Costa for my free coffee, which I didn't have because the app was down for essential maintenance when I had to claim it. Again. Kick me while I'm down, why not.

Found this thread while trying to get rid of the frequent WiFi calling notifications on my new mate 20 pro.

I've now long pressed the notification in the pull down panel on my phone and disabled further notifications from there. Haven't had any in the last few hours (was getting one every 5-10mins before that)

Might be worth a try on other Huawei phones too?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Wow @kofsw4 - Have you had any since posting this? This is incredibly useful to know, thank you! 

Yes I've been notification free for a couple of days now. Just wish I could get rid of the icon from the (very limited) space in the status bar now!

@kofsw4 wrote:

I've now long pressed the notification in the pull down panel on my phone and disabled further notifications from there.

Thank you, my phone is the same but also that worked for me. Nice to find a workaround that's as good as a solution for a change, Vodafone Tech Team have been investing as much effort into helping as I imagined, clearly.

@kofsw4 wrote:

Just wish I could get rid of the icon from the (very limited) space in the status bar now!

Quite. If somebody points you in the direction of the SystemUI Tuner app, the only approach as far as I know, save yourself the effort... doesn't work at all with our phone.

@CoffeeTech wrote:

Quite. If somebody points you in the direction of the SystemUI Tuner app, the only approach as far as I know, save yourself the effort... doesn't work at all with our phone.

Good to know, thanks. I had downloaded the app but was put off by the somewhat involved installation requiring a PC etc

Re the long press on the notification solution... The problem is that this only works until the next reboot and also it switches off all phone services notifications - so - for example - Voicemail icon and calls forward icon are suppressed also. Driving me mad on a mate 10 too

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

What's needed is for Vodafone to admit it's their issue and resolve it, something I can't see them doing after this long.

@ajpd wrote:

Re the long press on the notification solution... The problem is that this only works until the next reboot and also it switches off all phone services notifications - so - for example - Voicemail icon and calls forward icon are suppressed also. Driving me mad on a mate 10 too

My notifications don't reappear even after a reboot