cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE . VOD LOSING MY CUSTOM AFTER 10YRS.

TheDec
4: Newbie

I've had two Vodafone mobiles for 10yrs+ on a monthly contract and have spent god knows how many £1000's  with Voda. Now they are not giving me any customer service but messing me around.

The charger for my Samsung 7 has packed in, it's definately the charger because the one on my 2nd phone (which is the wifes works fine on both and mine won't work on either)

I phoned Voda who at first said they would not send a new one in the post but i would have to call into a Voda shop to exchange it. This would cause me a load of hassle, I would have to spend time and expense to travel into town to exchange it, I work long hours every week and cant spare the time.

Then a manager said if I phoned the Voda Accessory Dept they would send me a new charger in the post. I phoned them and I was told they wouldn't and I had to take it to a Voda shop.

I then got a text off them asking for my feedback. I put a negative reply on it.

I then received a call from Voda which i missed, but a recorded message was left asking me to contact them. I did so and they knew nothing about the call. They again told me I had to go into a Voda shop to exchange the charger and ALSO take my passport or driving licence to prove who I am!!!  Also to check my phone to make sure it;s not that thats faulty and not my charger. Well i did explain the wifes charger works on my phone and mine wont work on mine or hers, its clearly the charger.

Also if I take my phone in the number will confirm who I am and just how many years I;ve had 2 phones with Voda, and just how much money I've spent with them.

Well Vodafone if thsi is how you treat loyal customers who have been with you for years I will not be renewing my contract with you !

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Is the charger less than a year old? If so it would be under warranty.

But you can buy a new Samsung charger for £7.99. While this is not exactly the point of your complaint it does mean you could have resolved your issue promptly and conveniently.

If this network has worked well for you for 10 years is this a good enough reason for you to move? It wouldn't be for me but we all have to make our own decisions.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@TheDec As @jeffkinn stated, if your charger is under 12 months old this will be covered by your Warranty.
You'll need to pop into your nearest store so we can assess the damage - the store advisers will also be able to assist you further.
Please let us know how you get on.