Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot obtain proof of purchase despite numerous efforts

MrK_Mobile
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have become increasingly frustrated and annoyed with Vodafone. Last month I purchased an S7 Edge and ever since I have been trying to get a proof of purchase from Vodafone. I have filled out the online form 5 times. Nothing. I have chattted to customer service half a dozen times and each time they have said I would gert the proof in 24 hours. Not seen a thing.

I think I will have to end my contract with Vodafone and send the phone back. It is an expensive device, and without a POP I cannot get it insured.

Has anyone any suggestions, or should I just bite the bullet and say goodbye to Vodafone after 5 years as a customer?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

They should respond within 5 working days ! :Sad_face:

Nothing in your Spam email In-Box ?

Can you give the Vodafone Tech Teams here a short while to reach your thread as they msybe able to further assist. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @MrK_Mobile

If the phone was only purchased direct from Vodafone last month, you should have the original receipt or contract email detailing the equipment supplied with the airtime contract.

This should be more than adequate proof of purchase for an insurance company to cover the phone.

If you do not have not received this, live chat will be able to locate the account and email you a copy of the receipt or contract information.

Hi, thanks for responding.

It was an upgrade, and yes I would assume that it would be detailed on my bill and confirmation email, but there is no invoice number on the email and on my bill it just shows as an undefined charge. 

Another side effect of this is also that I am not able to claim the GearFit that Samsung offered as an incentive. The whole thing is a mess up. Shame, because the phone is stellar.

BandOfBrothers

I agree it's a really good phone. :Smiling:

I'm a bit biased as I use that model too. 

Yes you'll need a copy of your invoice to claim the offer. 

I just missed out on the free Vr Headset :Sad_face:

Let the team catch up and I'm confident they'll try their best to assist you. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @MrK_Mobile

You should have received the invoice with your contribution towards the handset within two weeks of upgrading.  Vodafone should also have emailed a copy of the terms ageed at the time of upgrade and this would have included the choice of phone.  If Vodafone have failed to send this to you, live chat will be able to arrange for a duplicate.

If you cannot get the necessary documentation from live chat, please come back to the forum and one of the Team will be able to help.

It's certainly an expensive phone, I hope you get the documentation needed for insurance purposes.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MrK_Mobile

As @AnnS explained, our Live Chat team will be able to get the invoice sent to you. I'm sorry this wasn't done at the time.

Let me know if they don't manage to get it sent. If they don't, we'll get this sorted for you.

Well live chat just repeated the same old thing - fill out the form and wait 24 hours. I really don't know why someone can't just give me a copy invoice.

BandOfBrothers

I assume Vodafone have a Duty of Care to ensure documentation / proofs are strictly given out to the right person / account holder / owner. 

I certainly understand your frustration with this as it seems you've adhered to Vodafones process and procedures. 

Please do fill out the form and proof read it to make 100% sure everything is included. 

If vodafone fail then please update your thread and as mentioned by a member of the Tech Team they'll engage with you. 

Current Phone  >

Well I filled out the form again. I didn't get any email acknowledgement or anything which is what chat said I would get (I have never received an email throughout this whole process.) When I find time later today I am getting a PAC, sending the phone back and calling time on my contract with Vodafone.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.