cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does the sure signal work with a Vodafone APN ?

R707
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does the sure signal work with a Vodafone APN ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

I would still say yes.

The Suresignal just provides a local 3g signal and passes you back to the vodafone network via your internet connection.

Once it hits the network, the APN and routing should be picked up as normal.

I'd double check with your account manager/customer services team, who would have more info on how the APN is setup and configured, and if there is any reason why it wouldn't work on the device...

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @R707

The Sure Signal works connected to your home broadband router.

Further information for you on the links below.

Sure Signal FAQ's

Sure Signal Support

Thanks but none of the tech notes refer to APNs

grolschuk

APN as in Access Point Name, or something else?

If it is that meaning, I'm slightly confused at the question.

Can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve, as currently the APN is the address, username, and password that a mobile device uses to connect to the internet over the mobile network.

Yes that will work with the sure signal, however as the SS is normally used within proximity of a broadband line, and the chances of the broadband being wifi enabled is pretty high, the handsets normally use that to get online, rather than the SS

hi

This is not the Vodafone APN with username, password etc but a corporate APN on a Vodafone Sim. This is very different to your reply in the way it is working.

grolschuk

I would still say yes.

The Suresignal just provides a local 3g signal and passes you back to the vodafone network via your internet connection.

Once it hits the network, the APN and routing should be picked up as normal.

I'd double check with your account manager/customer services team, who would have more info on how the APN is setup and configured, and if there is any reason why it wouldn't work on the device...