Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fiber Connection Fee

dannylee1980
4: Newbie

Hi I been trying to find out why the high fiber connection charge??

All I was told it's what openreach charge Vodafone, this is not true because openreach charge Vodafone and other companies £9 to transfer a fiber line over.

I will be putting in a complaint because I want this charge broken down and explained in detail as a clear pricing.

Also I can understand why some companies don't charge this fee.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @dannylee1980

I agree £49 is quite a chunk of cash. 

Can I ask if you've tried asking on this number?

Got a question?

08080 034 515

(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

dannylee1980
I got it reduced by £25 then was charged £6.95 postage.
But being told it's what openreach charge, you can find out the ture price what they charge online in there open price policy it is disclosed to the public.
I think it's wrong that the £49 I a lie

dannylee1980
I would like to see a total breakdown of this charge so would many other people.

I understand.

Please then do perservere with Vodafone Customer service by phone , live chat or write to them. 

Vodafone Code of Practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Do bear in mind that £49 is a pretty standard charge for connecting fibre.  When I signed up for fibre broadband a few years back, most providers charged that amount, with one or two charging £75 for a connection.  I imagine the charge is to cover the internal admin for sorting out the connection.

I am not saying I agree with this charge but it isn't uncommon.  It sounds like you have got a pretty good deal by negotiating it down.  I don't think, however, that you will get a full breakdown of the charge and how they got to it.  Companies don't have justify their charges to us as consumers I'm afraid. 

PWIAC

dannylee1980
The charge can be requested under the trading standards act, also freedom of information act.
If I am billed for something I would want to no what it was for, but may companies will waver connection fee if your transferring over to them, even sky would.
Many small provider charge £9.99 as this is what is costs them but charge upto £75 for a new line installed openreach charge £99 for this but, the companies pay openreach £119 a year for the Line so £28 a month £336 a year that is nearly triple the money back.

So why the connection charge when the providers get it back from your monthly fee. Is it compulsory no other is not.

dannylee1980
Oops can't edit my post. Was saying the activation fee is not compulsory.

Hi @dannylee1980

We have spoken on Twitter this morning, I can also see you spoke to us on Facebook about this same issue.

We have explained why we charge this and you have informed us that we have wiped the charge for you.

Is there anything further that we can help with? 

Thanks,

Sarah 

dannylee1980
I was responding to previous message and explained why I was fighting the fee.