main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Help! Daughter dropped phone in loo!

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi,
My daughter dropped her phone down the toilet and it is damaged beyond repair. Looking to try and buy cheap 2nd hand phone but what should I look out for? Adverts say 'locked' and 'unlocked' does this mean in couldn't buy it and put her SIM in?
Any good sites for second hand phones??
Thanks
Michelle

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You want to try and purchase an unlocked device as it can be used on any network.  A locked device will only work on the network it is locked to and getting it unlocked can be very difficult if you aren't the original owner. 

I'm afraid that it would be against the forum House Rules to post links to other websites. But Vodafone do a range of nearly new handsets that you may wish to look at.

PWIAC

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You want to try and purchase an unlocked device as it can be used on any network.  A locked device will only work on the network it is locked to and getting it unlocked can be very difficult if you aren't the original owner. 

I'm afraid that it would be against the forum House Rules to post links to other websites. But Vodafone do a range of nearly new handsets that you may wish to look at.

PWIAC

View more options
3: Seeker
Brilliant. Thank you!
View more options