Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help! Daughter dropped phone in loo!

michperks
3: Seeker

Hi,
My daughter dropped her phone down the toilet and it is damaged beyond repair. Looking to try and buy cheap 2nd hand phone but what should I look out for? Adverts say 'locked' and 'unlocked' does this mean in couldn't buy it and put her SIM in?
Any good sites for second hand phones??
Thanks
Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You want to try and purchase an unlocked device as it can be used on any network.  A locked device will only work on the network it is locked to and getting it unlocked can be very difficult if you aren't the original owner. 

I'm afraid that it would be against the forum House Rules to post links to other websites. But Vodafone do a range of nearly new handsets that you may wish to look at.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

You want to try and purchase an unlocked device as it can be used on any network.  A locked device will only work on the network it is locked to and getting it unlocked can be very difficult if you aren't the original owner. 

I'm afraid that it would be against the forum House Rules to post links to other websites. But Vodafone do a range of nearly new handsets that you may wish to look at.

PWIAC

michperks
Brilliant. Thank you!