Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Htc one m9 keeps resetting after white screen

cooljethro
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I was having problems with my m9. I kept getting a warning that I should use my htc charger to prevent slow charging which I was. I tried to switch the phone on and off again and now it won't how past the White htc screen. It keeps vibrating then restarting again. I've got intone reboot screen and all the option make it go back to the same problem. Any one have any ideas.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

It sounds like you are getting part of the way through.  Without being able to physically see what you are doing, it is kinda hard to give you any further pointers.

I think that the best thing to do would be to send the device off for repair.  You can also contact HTC directly and send the device off to them.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

drey_p

HI there

Have you done a factory reset on the device?  If not, that could be a very good place to start. To do a factory reset, you need to press and hold the Volume down button, then press and hold the power key. Don't release these until you see the screen with the Android images.

Then use the volume key to scroll to Factory Reset and use the power button to select it.

PWIAC

I am unable to get to factory reset, holding them buttons doesn't work, it keeps going through the same process.

drey_p

Are you turning the device off first?

PWIAC

Yes I am able to do this

if i hold down all 3 buttons it takes me to the restore page , no of the restore options work, however i can select power down on this page which is the only selection that has an effect.

drey_p

It sounds like you are getting part of the way through.  Without being able to physically see what you are doing, it is kinda hard to give you any further pointers.

I think that the best thing to do would be to send the device off for repair.  You can also contact HTC directly and send the device off to them.

PWIAC

Hi

what was the outcome from this as mine is doing the same thing? I took mine to a local repair shop who tried to flash the phone but they couldn't even do this due to not having the relative software. 

Thanks in advance.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You'd need to go to HTC for this, I think.   They'll have all the necessary software etc.